Google privacy 'worst on the Web'

9 posts in this topic

http://edition.cnn.com/2007/TECH/internet/...y.ap/index.html

SAN FRANCISCO, California (AP) -- Google Inc.'s privacy practices are the worst among the Internet's top destinations, according to a watchdog group seeking to intensify the recent focus on how the online search leader handles personal information about its users.

Ouch. :police:

Be that as it may...I'm not going to stop using google search all of a sudden, lol. Its the fastest, and the most comprehensive.

Exactly. They have brought us to a point where we can't do without them.

And that is a potentially dangerous situation...

Sounds more like someone has an axe to grind with Google or wants attention (which is the main reason why people attack Apple also, but I digress).

Hopefully, this can be fixed before the screaming Mimi's of the world have the chance to scream about it.

Too bad the article didn't mention any details or even a link to the report.

Its really hard to evaluate it on it merits and not see it as another overly dramatic headline.

I'm not suggesting that Google doesn't have privacy issues, but suggesting that by recording my search history is some how a privacy violation seems a little weak and unrealistic to me. No matter how much we might wish it was otherwise, using the Internet is no different than being in public and anyone can be watching you at any time. As such the end user needs to protect themselves as needed for their situation.