Does Mac Pro + Bootcamp 1.3 = Vista Support?

ѕӎѳѳ₮ңӌ

7 posts in this topic

i only have a macbook and tried bootcamp on it. was buggy on the first couple of installs then i decided to erase the whole thing. i tried it again a few days later with fat32 partition instead of ntfs and xp worked perfectly as if it was installed on my desktop pc. you gotta have an sp2 xp though.

as for mac pros im pretty sure it'll work i mean it worked on a macbook.

i only have a macbook and tried bootcamp on it. was buggy on the first couple of installs then i decided to erase the whole thing. i tried it again a few days later with fat32 partition instead of ntfs and xp worked perfectly as if it was installed on my desktop pc. you gotta have an sp2 xp though.

as for mac pros im pretty sure it'll work i mean it worked on a macbook.

Thanks for trying to help. I do have xp installed on a 50gb ntfs partition, and it works as xp is expected to work. The problem im talking about is explicitly with mac pros with 1gb of ram and when using vista. Vista will not allow the gpu to work because of a resources error.

Anybody tried it yet?

• 2 weeks later...

Works fine for me with the previous version of bootcamp on my MacPro. Not sure what your problem may be (althought I do have 3 gig or ram). Mine also worked when I only had the stock 2x512 stock ram only. I now have 10.4.9, Vista and XP installed (tri booting) with no problems. I did start using refit tho just for convenience.

• 3 months later...

yeah dude got 2.66 mac pro waiting for ram to arrive from ebay but it works fine with 1GB really snappy and quick ! i had that silly 4 bit colour trouble and it was because i had to had install the mac pro firmware something to do with efi booting update to support bpoot camp hope this helps ! http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/mac...reupdate11.html