Thinking of getting the iPhone...

6 posts in this topic

Howdy, I'm thinking of getting the iPhone on launch(as well as half the population of America). Anyhow, is there anything I should do to make sure that I get my on launch day. I understand that you can't reserve them and wanted to know when I should get to the Apple store to pick up one.

Does Apple usually have a setup for the launch of highly-anticipated products (i.e. line, etc.). I'm excited for the launch of the iPhone and would be a bummer if I was to get there when they open up and either see a huge line or someone telling me that they are sold out.

Anyone's opinion on this would be most helpful. :D

wait for at least one price drop and /or 3g upgrade

I decided not to get it and to stick with basically an idea such as yours. After really thinking about it, at $500-$600 would be dumb for a cell phone and on top of it requiring a 2 year agreement. I'm going to wait until AT&T to give a discount for the phone with the agreement (Most likely it will go down to around $200 when that happens).

It's confusing to me why Apple decided not to go with the 3G network. Most new advance phones come with the 3G network.

I still want the iPhone, but I can wait until the price drops and maybe some hardware upgrades. Thanks anyway though for the tips everyone. ;)