Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/html/osx86/index.php on line 1262

Warning: Division by zero in /var/www/html/osx86/index.php on line 1274

and doesn't show the individual user experiences

but a nice project so far.

Cheers,

-aKy-

*GACK*

Code-fart on my part :)

Looks like we've figured out the glitch (thanks coraan!) and the devices should add properly.

For those who added devices and they didn't show properly (ie didn't add your expeience as the first one in the list and gives you "0"s for install and function) please add them again and let me know so I can nuke the bad ones.

You can enter in a user account to track how many devices you've entered as well as having the ability to "edit" the ones you've put in.

Sorry about that, looks like the cloud in my brain has dissipated a bit now though, thanks for continuing to contribute! Hopefully we're ready to rock now!

Hey folks! I need those of you who added parts that didn't work out initailly to add them again and let me know which ones were not displaying correctly. Everything is 100% now and I'd like to get it back in tip-top order!

Thanks!

Totally great plan!

i am a bit new and try to learn quickly by searching and searching. For example, how to know that the 1950Pro will give you more problems than a 1950XT? This is just not as easy on the wiki, which in my opinion, needs some serious update. A LOT of ppl build these systems, but there needs to be a place where EACH MB and other hardware gets recorded and is always easily accessable in the future as well as now.

As this is such an intensive technlogy which is constantly evolving its important to have a system where you quickly can update, review and make sure to get the LEAST problems.

I think you are doing a GREAT job, and in time, throw in a few BASIC guides and recommended Hardware setup (eg. a Budget, normal and workstation setup where you show which parts would be the best etc. i see you already go something that shows a system, so you could build on this.)

Hey, this is a great idea! I've already added some of my own hardware to the list, and I'm going to add some stuff that didn't work either.

A couple of issues though. When I "Add my experience" I can't do two things. Number one, if the original poster forgot to put PCI Vendor/ Device IDs in the description, I can't add them. Secondly, if I have the same chip integrated onto a different device, I can't specify a different device. I could probably add a second entry, but then you'd end up with dozens of different entries for "Realtek ALC850" on dozens of different motherboards.

Keep up the good work!

Hi there IMRAZOR, thanks for replying!

You can always post your Device and Vendor IDs in the notes section of your experience post.

I think as far as the Realtek example goes, that it would be best to list the intergrated components on the motherboards themselves. The sections for ethernet adpaters (as well as other devices) were meant to be peripherals, add on cards. I kinda figured that people would just add the integrated hardware in the notes section of the motherboard post.

Tophicles, the system configurator doesnot work properly. Both the Mainboard/Vid Card link back to the same page.

People need to add more hardware here. Come on Mods, this is a great effort, and needs to be stickied/moved to the genius bar. Maybe we will finally have less "What Should I buy?" Threads.

Ok, the System Configuration issue is now fixed. Sorry about that, missing some characters in the code ;)

I can't beleive how well it's growing... I'll prolly trim the non-working entries soon, then people can just add them in again!

Thanks guys!