Vista Stuck

matt_olsen

4 posts in this topic

After updateing my drivers, I decided to suspend Windows, so I can return later. But there was a power failure and Windows didn't manage to shut down properly. Today I tried to boot it but I get to a black screen that asks me if I want to try again restoring from the suspend or boot Windows and loose all my work. This isn't much of a problem, but the problem is that in this state, Vista doesn't support the USB mouse and keyboard. My iMac doesn't have any other ports and I'm just stuck there. Tiger starts ok, but I need Windows for some work. SO, what can I do to make that stupid arrow move and make it start again, or do I have to just say goodbye and reinstall?

After updateing my drivers, I decided to suspend Windows, so I can return later. But there was a power failure and Windows didn't manage to shut down properly. Today I tried to boot it but I get to a black screen that asks me if I want to try again restoring from the suspend or boot Windows and loose all my work. This isn't much of a problem, but the problem is that in this state, Vista doesn't support the USB mouse and keyboard. My iMac doesn't have any other ports and I'm just stuck there. Tiger starts ok, but I need Windows for some work. SO, what can I do to make that stupid arrow move and make it start again, or do I have to just say goodbye and reinstall?

Try booting in Safe Mode? Thats really odd that the keyboard isnt working though..

Edit: Wait does the keyboard stop working at that screen, or does it not even work in the BIOS? Cause if you press F8 like right after you pass the BIOS you might be able to override that Windows did not shut down properly screen with advanced boot options.