Belkin F5D5000 network question

Mac Nerd

8 posts in this topic

This Belkin wired ethernet card Here.

Would I just slip it in my machine and would OS X install the drivers for me? Do I install the card, insert my driver CD then install it? Or would I need to re-install OS X86? :D

*EDIT* I was reading the OSX86 hardware compatability list, and saw this Belkin card works with OSX86.

This Belkin wired ethernet card Here.

Would I just slip it in my machine and would OS X install the drivers for me? Do I install the card, insert my driver CD then install it? Or would I need to re-install OS X86? :)

*EDIT* I was reading the OSX86 hardware compatability list, and saw this Belkin card works with OSX86.

Another person had the same problem as you, while I have the same card and it works natively without installing *any* kexts.

• 4 months later...

I know this is an old thread but has anyone gotten this card to work? I went hunting for a realtek card today but didnt have any luck. So I picked this one up thinking it would work as it said it was mac compatible on the box. I installed the drivers off the CD and nothing. It picks up that I have a PCI ethernet card but it wont configure or connect at all. I have tried 10 damn cards in the last few days and I am having no luck. I am starting to get discouraged =/

• 2 years later...
I know this is an old thread but has anyone gotten this card to work? I went hunting for a realtek card today but didnt have any luck. So I picked this one up thinking it would work as it said it was mac compatible on the box. I installed the drivers off the CD and nothing. It picks up that I have a PCI ethernet card but it wont configure or connect at all. I have tried 10 damn cards in the last few days and I am having no luck. I am starting to get discouraged =/

There are 2 versions of this card, V 1000 and V 2000, I have the V 2000 and used the included driver on the disc itself. Internet works, just VERY slow... like im talkin 0.5 MBit/s download.. (in comparison to my other computer running windows... i get 10.2 MBit/s)

I heard the v 1000 might be troublesome... what I suggest you do, is to get a Belkin Gigabit LAN card FD5005, use the driver found on the install CD.. it will work perfectly and at 100% speed. I have been using those for the hackintosh's I make for my friends, decided to cheap out this time and get the F5D5000.. was 8 dollars while F5D5005 is 19.99 ... but at the super slow speed on MAC... im going back to the F5D5005 Belkin Gigabit LAN Card.

Also make sure you have you network cable unplugged... install the driver, restart the computer, when booted, click network in the system preferences... now plug the ethernet in and it will say it just detected something, now double click the the Etherner(0) option that just showed up under the built in option in that window. It should go green, and your good to go...

Please note, I tried the F5D5000, and then switched it out using the F5D5005 instead and it wouldnt work... i had to re-install my Snow Leopard and install my network again... I dont think its possible to remove properly the old driver that you install with the F5D5000... I tried removing the AppleF5D5000.kext in /system/library/extensions but that didnt do the trick, re-installing Snow leopard did the trick... try first installing normally anyways if it doesnt work, u gotta re-install. Goodluck friend.

Also if you want a wireless alternative, there are 2 USB wireless adapters that I have tested 100% myself and they work perfect.

1) Hawking HWUG1 - You must download the MAC driver from the companies website. Install it first, then plug in the USB, a Hawking wireless utility opens up, now connect to your wireless network.. tadaaaaaaaaa

2) MVIX Nubbin - This thing is tiny, but it does the job, its wireless N, but the range isnt much... it has the drivers in the cd it comes with, install it, restart, plug it in when ur at your desktop, Ralink Wireless utility will boot, same as the hawking thing.

3) Asus USB-N11 - This works very well, use the included 10.5 drivers, works on snow leopard.

*** Please note that sometimes they will not get recognized when you restart/powerdown the computer... thats hackintosh for ya... so all you gotta do is unplug it and plug back in. Tadaaaaa