converting movies for ipod video

16 posts in this topic

i just got an ipod video so, i'm ripping and converting movies for it. when i use toast to convert for "ipod/apple tv/iphone (best)" my cpu is always running very high/loud. i have a macbook 1.83 w/ 1gb ram (getting 2 soon). is there something wrong with toast, or is everything ok?

bump

I use VisualHub 1.22 all the time. Works great no only for iPod/iTunes but also converting video to upload to my Tivo. Has built in profiles for both so makes conversion a snap. MUCH quicker then using Toast to convert my video to iPod/iTunes.

what ripping progs have a batch option. or like a list setup? cause ripping takes a decent amount of time and id like to rip all vids in a folder or at least add a few files to a list and leave or go to bed and have it rip through my list of files. instead of doing them 1 by 1 after each one finishes.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I didn't think iSquint neither Quick Time pro ripped movies. Only converted them.

Also do you guys know what I could use to rip+convert movies to mp4 for my N95?

Also what can I use to convert divx movies to mp4 also? Ideally i'm looking for small good quality outputs.

I don't know much about converting and ripping so I appreciate any help here. :)