Win xp Cd doesn't support graphics

xual

5 posts in this topic

I bought an aspire 5610 laptop. I have osx loaded on it but its not stable nor fully sorted with drivers. So I have to roll back to XP.. I have no winxp CD with the acer BUT I have one with my pc.. But when I go to install XP it says after a while that It doesn't support my graphics card and stops th installation

the motherboard is an intel 945GM with integrated shared graphics.. Is there a version of windows XP that supports this? The version of XP Pro I have is a universty edition that requires no activation it has no service packs included.

that Uni XP must be customized for PC's that are used by that place. Try using a different CD, because the universal video/sound drivers might have been messed up when they were burned...The intel 945 chipset is the {censored}tiest and most widely distributed video setup ever. So the problem is probably the install CD... :blink:

It won't work because (allegedly) Windows XP doesn't support PCI Express till Service Pack 1 at least. XP with no service packs is a good 4 years older than the 945 chipset. My Everex laptop has the 945GM chipset and won't take my Corporate CD with no service packs.

• 3 weeks later...