ICH8DH southbridge

4 posts in this topic

Has anyone gotten OS X to recognize all the storage devices connected to the ICH8DH? I installed "JaS 10.4.8 Intel Only" (with the Jmicron patch) via a USB DVD-ROM drive and it found my SATA hard drives fine. But OS X still has a problem finding my 2 PATA DVD drives. I tried using this patch, but it didn't work:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51422

I also found the device ID (2812) for the ICH8DH in this document:

ftp://download.intel.com/design/chipsets/...dt/31305709.pdf

I inserted the device ID/vendor ID into a few of the Apple/Intel storage kexts and got no results. Has anyone found a solution for this yet? I only seem to find solutions for ICH8 & ICH8R chips, but never the ICH8DH.

Hi,

I have a Intell 965OT board that has the same ich8dh controller. I can not get it to recognize sata & boot. Got osx installed via vmware on dedicated sata drive. On my board IDE/PATA controller has I think id of 6101 but am not able to test it as I can not get os to boot navitely. Any hints on how I could get os to boot, bios settings, etc... Thanks..

• 2 months later...
Got a mobo with the ICH8DH southbridge. Same problem. Found patches for other ICH8 and ICH8XX mobo but not for the ICH8DH :P Getting crazy searching for a solution so I ordered an Intel Bad Axe 2 mobo :dev:

not sure this helps you guys out. i got a DG965WH which is just a full ATX version of your DG965OT (microATX) and according to intel's technical documents we both use ICH8DH. now that i'm finally using AHCI in windows i noticed that my SCSI/IDE controller now shows

device id: 2821

ICH8.jpg