Touch Sensitive Futuristic Dell Displays

U.C.

7 posts in this topic

Recently an amazing picture of Dell LCD's surfaced.

The monitor is 1/2 an inch thick, has a clear glass bezel around it and touch sensitive controls. New iMacs with sleek design = Dell LCD design ???

A picture of a new Dell LCD surfaced recently and I must say, it is a thing of beauty. I mean, look at that clear bezel and touch-sensitive controls. That’s very Porsche Design or Philippe Starck At only a half-inch thick, it is also much thinner than most LCDs that are currently on the market. It looks like it also has integrated speakers and apparently it also has a microphone.

The new LCD is also based on DisplayPort, which is a new display technology competing with HDMI for the next generation of displays. It can support some seriously high resolutions (up to 4x more than current HDTV standards) and monitors can be chained to each other rather than all being connected to the same source. This could mean a cleaner cable configuration for multiple monitors or even an increase in the number of pre-configured multi-monitor setups.

But either way, I am mostly concerned with how absolutely gorgeous that would look on my desk.

Check out the original story here and the actual boring source here

post-14713-1180444608_thumb.jpg

My guess, is it is just the angle at which the photo was taken. Try it with any glossy LCD monitor. You get the same reflectiveness.

I saw this about 3 weeks, i think its a nice desig .About the reflective thing i think there s a problem with the cam not with the monitor ,must be a bad angle....i mean it cant be that reflective right ?

Hi U.C.

Thanks for the story. The monitor looks really sleek and futuristic looking. It kinda reminds me of something you might see in Star Trek TNG (The Next Gen) with the flat surfaces and touch-sensitive controls.