HackinMac UB?

seclusion

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm just in the process of getting my Intel C2D running osx and was just wondering...

I have Logic Pro legit that installed in my HackinMac but as I look for pluggins, most of the plugs are only vst only not AU.

So as I'm looking to purchase legit plugs I wondered, is an intel PC running Mac osx86 considered an intel mac or a ppc mac?

Thanks, hey if anyone knows where to find some AU quality plugs, it'd be appreciated!

Later

First off, you're running on a Core 2 Duo Intel machine, meaning that your machine is in the intel group, it's not a PowerPC. The x86 in OSx86 means that it's Mac OS X running on the x86 (Intel/AMD) architecture.

Hey guys, I'm just in the process of getting my Intel C2D running osx and was just wondering...

I have Logic Pro legit that installed in my HackinMac but as I look for pluggins, most of the plugs are only vst only not AU.

Hmm that's weird. I feel the opposite is true, there's more UB plugs as AU than VST. I'm an old Cubaser so I have to go through NI Kore to be able to use AU plugins in Cubase 4. Even that is still a bit dodgy and not guaranteed to work.

What makes you think there's more VST than AU?

Check out KVR, probably the most complete site for plugins.

http://www.kvraudio.com/

Logic 7.2.3 right up to date with the usb dongle.

I know I'm being a jerk but when looking for Au plugs on Pirate Bay etc, they are only vst's, vsti's with a few Au's.

I know I'm running an intel CPU but I thought I read somewhere that the PPC code was hacked to get X86?

e.g I've run ezdrummer Au installer and it doesn't show up in Logic at all, so I was wondering if V1.0 was a UB installer or if that's what I need to get.

Thanks anywho

Later

Thanks for the PM invite.

Ya VST to AU works but some plugs don't work with it.

Even findng Mac vst plugs, most are outdated, PC vst's won't install (yet until Leopard maybe) :whistle:

trying to keep system as clean as can be...

Later