Missing Sync - cant install, wont run

whodiini

10 posts in this topic

Anyone have success with installing missing sync application? It doesnt install (comes up with a cant install on this computer). I installed it by deleting the file that checks which computer. But once installed, it launches, then closes immediately. Anyone else have a nswer? (Version 5.1.2)

• 2 months later...

Google for KCNSCREW. After patching with it, Missing Sync starts fine.

But still, I couldn't make it sync neither with my Dell X51V nor with ma Acer n311.

Their forums are full of complaints, so it`s normal for this program, I guess and not a hackintosh issue. BTW, my friend with a macbook managed to make it work over bluetooth, so you can also try it.

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem here. I managed to install/run the aplication correctly in my hackintosh but the sync button does'nt work (same problem with version 3.0.2). After that I installed the program in a friend's macbook pro 17" and it works perfectly.

I'm convinced that it's a hackintosh issue. Maybe the chipset of the USB it's the guilty?

I hope someone find a solution. I really need to sync my Qtek 9000 with my "Mac"...

• 3 weeks later...

I made some tests and the problem won't be USB related. I configured the sync throught wifi and it works with a macbook pro but I have the same problem with my hackintosh. The sync button appears "greyed" and syncronization didn't work.

Someone with a solution? What could be the problem?

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Hi,

I talked to their hotline several times. On my machine, it's the registration that fails. I can't install it the normal way. I managed to install though - with copying some files from a regular installation and with removing a "check before installation" item from the installation package. Thus, the demo mode works fine. But when I try to register (I have 3 licenses), it immediately crashes and says the following: "Sync Together spielt verrueckt! Eine Ausnahme vom Typ NSInternalInconsistencyException wurde ausgegeben. Grund: Invalid parameter not satisfying: aString != nil. SyncTogether wird beendet." (Sorry - it is a German installation).

So the exception is "NSInternalInconsistencyException". It seems the OSX behaves somewhat different than a Mac...

In the meantime I switched to notMac which has quite the same functionality and is for free. And - that's most important - it works on my OSX machines

Regards

JL

I finally got Missing Sync to install and run successfully today. :-) Previously I was receiving the "can't run on this machine" error.

The first thing I had to do was completely remove all traces of PocketMacPro from my system. According to the MarkSpace forums the two programs are incompatible. Search their forum for help in removing PocketMacPro.

I also replaced the AppleSMBIOS.kext with one found here. I don't know if it helped, but I haven't seen any issues running it on my 10.4.10 system.

Lastly I replaced the IONetworkingFamily.kext with a 10.4.6 version. My Dell e1505 has a wireless connection that works out-of-the-box so I never bothered with the ethernet connection. Missing Sync evidently checks for a valid ethernet card as part of the install, even if you don't use it.

Once I got the software installed my next headache started - The application would start up for about a second and then shut down. I guess something in my existing setup was preventing the verification checks to run. The fix for this was to create another account called test and give it admin rights. I then logged onto this account and started the application. It took me thru the registration process and configuration steps. I then logged back onto my primary account and successfully started Missing Sync.

Hope this helps get you on the right track.

I also replaced the AppleSMBIOS.kext with one found here. I don't know if it helped, but I haven't seen any issues running it on my 10.4.10 system.

Could you please post your AppleSMBIOS.kext and IONetworkFamily.kext?

Thanks in advance :)

• 2 weeks later...
I finally got Missing Sync to install and run successfully today. :-) Previously I was receiving the "can't run on this machine" error.

Once I got the software installed my next headache started - The application would start up for about a second and then shut down. I guess something in my existing setup was preventing the verification checks to run. The fix for this was to create another account called test and give it admin rights. I then logged onto this account and started the application. It took me thru the registration process and configuration steps. I then logged back onto my primary account and successfully started Missing Sync.

Hope this helps get you on the right track.

In my case the program runs well but I couldn't establish a connection with my PDA as the sync button appears greyed. Did you make a sync with a pocketpc or only run the program?