What's wrong with your 8F1111 installation?

domino

81 posts in this topic

yes I'm getting specific error... iWeb just doesn't work...

after I start it, I can close it by right clicking on the iWeb icon in the dock or from the menu at the top of the screen, but the iWeb window doesn't respond to any mouse input.

I've tried maxxuss "strings " command and I get zero returns, so I guess I've successfully replaced the kernel. Is there any way to make it "hidden" again?

Well just saying iWeb doesn't work just doesn't give anyone specific information on any error. I think you are smart enough to post some info so other can can help with you problem. Try looking/posting on the other iLife forums.

I'm sure there is a command for terminal, but I use XRay (http://www.brockerhoff.net/xray/) to hide show specific files. The I use a script I created to show and hide all system files incase I need to rename or edit them (see attch). I got this idea from other sites.

show_hide_System_Files.zip

Well, I gave as specific as I could... I'm not getting any error codes or anything...

Program Loads and thats it , I can move the active window , but cant minimise to the dock or manipulate any of the buttons or features in the program.

In any case, it appears the problem is my lack of video card support. Just have to wait till Macvidia or someone developes a fix.

by the way... discovered that both iWork '06 programs behave the same way. Apparantly these programs require Macintosh graphics features that aren't supported by my 7800GTX.

I'm contemplating installing a version with the AntiTPM patch only, and see how that compares to the whole JaS patch.

PS.. thanx for the show/hide files app.. I'll try that. :dev:

Edited by phor2zero

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All,

I'm relatively new at all this but this is my second installation of osx on my machine, am using the following:

mb: soltek SL-915GPro-FGR

processor: P4 3.2HT

ram: 1 Gb

I installed using "OSx86 10.4.3 8F1111A Patched Jas v4.2b".

In general everything runs well, I have sound, video output is good, and xbench gives me a nice score of 90.77.

My problems rest in two major places right now, one more important than the other.

1. The system will restart on its own at any given time, ie I could be watching a movie, listening to music, working on photoshop, downloading, or even when its idle. This restart can happen right after I switch on the machine or 14 hours later, its like it has a mind of its own.

2. Photoshop runs very nicely untill I decide to open a RAW image, it lets me edit it without too much fuss, but when I come to open it in photoshop is crashes photoshop, and its very consistant.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks

• 2 weeks later...

10.4.3 on an IBM T42.

cons:

Brightness doesn't adjust autmatically

sleep doesn't turn off the monitor

sometimes the windows tear, but switching to "better performance" somehow reduces it.

The terminal doesn't start bash like I want it to.

Battery life is limited compared to XP

Build in wireless doesn't work

uninstalling programs is a right pain in the arse!

none of my TV cards work, terratac Cinergy 400 PCI and ADS instant TV USB 2.0.

pros:

OS X runs perfect

iLife 06 runs perfect

FrontRow runs perfect, but still won't play Xvid/DivX movies..

iTunes runs perfect 99% of the time, the last 1% it is a bit choppy,

startup is awesome - MUCH faster than XP