Final Cut Studio 2 in peoples hands

Khid

47 posts in this topic

had fcs 1 installed for some time - no trouble whatsoever (i'm a film editor so i use it quite a lot)

a few days ago i downloaded and installed fcs 2 - tested it and it works just fine (hadn't time to test it thououghly though)

color is beautiful. so far i used synthetic aperture's color finesse in after effects for my colour grading, but not anymore :thumbsup_anim:

btw, i upgraded from fcs1 so i can still use content from it.

I used the install DVD that came in the box from the package that came in the mail from my order from Apple for Final Cut Studio 2.... Unless you mean the 86 install DVD, which was the Demonoid 10.4.8 to 10.4.9 Seed.

Custom built w/ Gigabyte DS3 board

10.4.9 with all Apple security updates directly from apple

8.8.1 Semthex Kernel

Apple Final Cut Studio 2 works flawlessly for me.

System layout:

Gigabyte DS3 Rev3.3 F11b(bios)

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4ghz OC'd to 3.0ghz

G.Skill HZ DDR2-800 x 4 (4gb) OC'd to DDR2-1000

3 250gb Sata HDDs

Random Firewire 400 PCI slot (working flawlessly)

nVidia 7900GS (X1950XT arriving in the mail thursday)

Apple Pro keyboard

Gateway 24" and 22" LCD's

More hardware than that, but right now my system blazes Final Cut and Motion.

You guy who have the Final Cut splash screen but not opening check out your console in your utilities folder and see if the FCP is throwing a Aecore exception, this error has caused alot of issues on x86 users but can be worked around.

what kernel did you update to when you went up to 10.4.9? are you using the universal kernel?

actually, not sure what kernel i'm using anymore. it's the one that comes with tubgirl's 10.4.9 dvd (i did not upgrade from 10.4.8, but installed 10.4.9 straight away)

here's a screenshot with uname -a, hope it will help.

zaracsosx.jpg

hey Khid, saw your signature and noticed Adobe Creative Suite 3. Are you using Design Premium apps only or maybe After Effects and Premiere as well?

the reason i'm asking is because i never managed to get AE and Premiere CS3 working on my hackintosh. Design Premium works fine though.

tried JaS 10.4.8 + 10.4.9, Tubgirl 10.4.8 + 10.4.9, tried all the kernels i could find (starting with the one that needs r3d3.kext, then the one with dsmos.kext, then the AMD sse3 one, and finally the universal one - no luck)

Tried that patch (AE 247) - the one with ap -> app issue

For me it didn't work neither before nor after the patch :wallbash:

Just in case it helps anyone...

FCS2 runs fine for me. I used Jas 10.4.8 then updated to 10.4.9 with a Myzar (sp?) update. There is a thread on this forum which tells you to grab a kernel from irc. I followed that. My copy of FCS2 is from Apple.

AMD athlon 3000+ (O/C to 3750), Asus A8N SLI Deluxe, Saphire Radion X1950XT (jccool method).

Anyone running a Hackintosh and have any sort of hardware that allows 5.1 surround sound to work? I want to use Soundtrack to master some 5.1 stuff.

My onboard sound works, but not for 5.1..

how about:

- Creative External Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit USB?

- Griffin Firewave?

- Anything else?

I just need 5.1 working on the Hackintosh..

• 3 weeks later...

I installed FCS 2 on my osx86 machine, and FCP 6 doesn't seem to work, anyone else having this problem.

-ALex

I need tutorials for Apple's Color software.Do you understand me now?

FCS 2 comes with a short tutorial DVD, though Color is very complex, I noticed.

-Alex

• 2 weeks later...

I've attended an Event regarding Final Cut Studio 2, what can I say?

Pro-Res = Freaking Unbelievable. It can minimize a 1000GB Movie into 350GB or less.

Motion 3 = After Effects CS3 will be get owned by this.

FCP = Some few enhancements.

Color = A must have.