Enable QE/CI for GeForce MX 4000

SDRacer48

9 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone,

I want to be able to play and burn DVD's and eventually I will probably need to use applications that need QE/CI enabled.

My video card is a GeForce MX 4000. I have read on a wiki that GeForce MX 4000 has not been found to work with QE/CI enabled. I am wondering if this is still true? Does anyone know a fix? Can anyone provide me with some helpful information?

Thanks

MX400 is Geforce2, MX4000 is Geforce4. Both are useless, CoreImage needs ShaderModel2 card. And those arent even ShaderModel1 cards! So CoreImage is impossible. QE is supported, but not working in osx86 world. Get new card!

• 2 months later...

I tried everything possible to get my geforce 2 mx 400 to work but nothing works. The best I've gotten was natit and all the relevant drivers to load properly and my card was recognised properly, but the system stops at the "login window started". As NP_, these cards' drivers don't have all code needed to load GUI. Hardware wise, our cards can support quartz extreme but not core image.

Hi Everyone,

and WOW, I thought the thread was dead and that I was the only one with a MX 400 card.

I have not got it to work either, but there is light at the end of the tunnel. On www.newegg.com they are selling NVIDIA FX5200 cards from MSI and other companies for about $30 dollars. The FX5200 (no matter what the brand) is fully capable of QE/CI and high resolutions using Titan.

It is a steal to get your OSx86 PC up and running with QE/CI. I will be ordering one soon myself, if you wish to wait I will post if it really works or not on my setup.

It is not a highly intensive 3d graphics card, but for those of us who use and XBOX360 or Nintendo Wii to play video games, the FX 5200 will get the job done for a good price.

Good Luck,

Cody Griffin