Which ISO should I use for this spec

Beakster

8 posts in this topic

Hi,

I am awaiting a new laptop which I intend to install OS X on. I have to use Windows too and I plan to run it in Parallels.

The laptop is a Fujtsu Siemens S7110. The full specs are here: http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresenta...t_id=FJSYA05672

It has a Core 2 Duo processor which I guess is good as it has SSE3? Sadly the resolution is only 1024x768 but I should beable to make do with it, using an external monitor for serious work. It has GMA950 which seems to be well supported :)

The things I am concerned about are:

It uses SATA150. I remember SATA problems with OS X a while back, are they fixed now?

I uses Intel 2200 wireless, I believe there is now a driver which works with this?

Sound is from a Realtek ALC262.

Could someone please suggest the best install ISO for me? Ideally 10.4.9 so I don't have to update again anytime soon. Also if I am likely to run into any problems with this spec, please let me know so I can search for work arounds.

Thanks

-Chris

Hi,

I am awaiting a new laptop which I intend to install OS X on. I have to use Windows too and I plan to run it in Parallels.

The laptop is a Fujtsu Siemens S7110. The full specs are here: http://uk.insight.com/apps/productpresenta...t_id=FJSYA05672

It has a Core 2 Duo processor which I guess is good as it has SSE3? Sadly the resolution is only 1024x768 but I should beable to make do with it, using an external monitor for serious work. It has GMA950 which seems to be well supported :)

The things I am concerned about are:

It uses SATA150. I remember SATA problems with OS X a while back, are they fixed now?

I uses Intel 2200 wireless, I believe there is now a driver which works with this?

Sound is from a Realtek ALC262.

Could someone please suggest the best install ISO for me? Ideally 10.4.9 so I don't have to update again anytime soon. Also if I am likely to run into any problems with this spec, please let me know so I can search for work arounds.

Thanks

-Chris

I suggest you Uphuck 10.4.9 UB DVD 1.2 as followings.

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&...=asc&no=609

post-27666-1179232399_thumb.jpg

Just read that the driver for the 2200 wireless doesnt work with encrypted networks. Unfortunately I need to connect to encrypted networks so I think I will have to change this card. Can anyone suggest a cheap and fully compatible miniPCI card I can swap it for?

Thanks

Hi Beakster,

I have a S7110 running JAS 10.4.6. I'd be interested to know how you get on with your 10.4.9 install, what you get working, etc.

Hey Blahdeblah,

Do you have both Cores working in OSX86 on yours? I've been told that some Core2Duo laptops only use one core for OSx86. Something to do with the bios?

Thanks

Hey Blahdeblah,

Do you have both Cores working in OSX86 on yours? I've been told that some Core2Duo laptops only use one core for OSx86. Something to do with the bios?

Thanks

Not entirely sure. System Profiler sees 2 CPUs. Is that proof?

Not entirely sure. System Profiler sees 2 CPUs. Is that proof?

Yeah, I think so. Thanks :(

My laptop should be here next week so will document my install of 10.4.9.

Just trying to decide if i should use Jas or Uphuck just now.