Keyboard & mouse prob

8 posts in this topic

Hi

I have just installed OSX 10.4.1 native, but after it finishes and boots into osx it tells me that my keyboard cant be identified and click ok to get it identified, but the problem is I cannot move the mouse pointer or anything. But the keyboard and mouse worked in the installation proccess. Any ideas?

My keyboard and mouse is a usb Hewlett Packard wireless

Thanks

Sky

EDIT: have read in the forums that the Maxxuss patch may have created the problem. Just for info, I had SEE2 > SEE3 patch version number 0.4. IT was pre installed in the iso, and I ticked them to install in the OSX installation process.

I had the same problem last week with a Microsoft Keyboard/Fingerprint Reader and Wireless Optical 2.0. When I plugged the keyboard in, the mouse would return to 0,0 coordinates when I moved it. It worked fine idf I unplugged the keyboard. After a lot of frustration, I tried clearing my kext caches and it worked after a reboot. You might try that.

*Edit: Sorry, I didn't see your second post.

I had this problem too with my first osx install (10.4.1 i guess) and I had to disable usb support in the bios before I could use my mouse and keyboard in macos. But after deleting a kext, i can't remember wich that was, it was all ok! And now, i have a 10.4.3 installation in wich it worked out of the box.. i still have some problems with keystrokes not beiing recieved by the os, but that's another story. Good luck.

@Thomvis: Which kext didyou delete, coz after turning off USB support I cant use my keyboard in dos to select which os I want to boot.

Also the keyboard layout is wierd. When I press Ctrl + 2 I get @ where I should get ". So when I press Shift + @ I get ".

Any ideas?

Thanks

Sky