Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 + osx 10.4.8 JaS + IDE Hard disk and dvd rom

tuk

6 posts in this topic

Have read thru those instruction , tried, but doesnt seems to work. I always get "waiting for root device"

what i have tried -

Plug in both my IDE hard disk and Dvd rom (both with the Sata - IDE converter) to the oranage port. Set the Bios

Sata Port0-3 Native Mode” to “Disabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device” to “Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode” to “IDE

I have tried 2 different brand of IDE hard disk. non works

Have tried plugging in the IDE hard disk to purple port too. same error

But when i use my sata hard disk. it doesnt have the "waiting for root device" but i did not contiune till it shows me the mac installation (dun want to risk my data in it)

anyone with the same motherboard, successfully install using IDE hard disk and dvd rom drive?

Have read thru those instruction , tried, but doesnt seems to work. I always get "waiting for root device"

what i have tried -

Plug in both my IDE hard disk and Dvd rom (both with the Sata - IDE converter) to the oranage port. Set the Bios

Sata Port0-3 Native Mode” to “Disabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Device” to “Enabled

Onboard SATA/IDE Ctrl Mode” to “IDE

I have tried 2 different brand of IDE hard disk. non works

Have tried plugging in the IDE hard disk to purple port too. same error

But when i use my sata hard disk. it doesnt have the "waiting for root device" but i did not contiune till it shows me the mac installation (dun want to risk my data in it)

anyone with the same motherboard, successfully install using IDE hard disk and dvd rom drive?

Have you applied the ppf patch JaS released a long time ago to support the j-micron and everything ?

If you haven't what you need is a IDE to USD adaptor to plugin your DVD-Rom drive..

There is a thread for DS3 look it up and you will find everything you need.

Have you applied the ppf patch JaS released a long time ago to support the j-micron and everything ?

If you haven't what you need is a IDE to USD adaptor to plugin your DVD-Rom drive..

There is a thread for DS3 look it up and you will find everything you need.

I am using the JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2 iso

that image has the patch done right?

or best is to have the IDE DVD rom to run as IDE to USB ?

I'm using the SATA to IDE adaptor for my hard disk and dvd rom.

• 2 weeks later...
I am using the JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2 iso

that image has the patch done right?

or best is to have the IDE DVD rom to run as IDE to USB ?

I'm using the SATA to IDE adaptor for my hard disk and dvd rom.

Don't even use your IDE to Sata adapter for the dvd-rom drive, set the DVD-Rom drive to master with the jumper pins on the back of the drive, and connect it to your IDE port on the motherboard. Then connect your hard drive to the GSATAII0 purple port using your IDE to SATA adapter.

If your harddrive does not get recognized, then you may have bought the wrong adapter. If this happens, you can just remove the adapter from the hard drive, set the drive to slave using the jumpers on the back, and connect it to the middle ide port on the ide cable.

Thats the correct ISO that you need.

Your bios settings are correct. Leave them as you stated in your first post.

Sorry if this has been mentioned, but you're meant to put the hard disk into the purple SATA ports... At least, that's how I got mine to work. However, I used the ISO before there was a patch for ICH8/IDE.

This is how I got it to work on my boyfriend's new computer:

Ignored every post I read saying IDE doesn't work

Didn't buy a SATA to PATA adapter

Plugged the DVD-ROM (master) and HD (slave) to the IDE ribbon

Booted to the JaS 10.4.8 Intel AMD SSE2 SSE3 DVD

Installed to the 40GB partition on his 120GB IDE drive

As for the BIOS settings, I don't remember exactly. I know the top two options were both about SATA, but I think they were for RAID. Anyway, those were both disabled. Onboard SATA/IDE was enabled, and control mode was IDE. His board is v1.3 I believe. I don't know if that makes a difference.