Broadcom 4311 Not Detect

errandwolfe

29 posts in this topic

I tried SJBs kexts and nothing changed for me. I have a Compaq Presario C303NR with the Broadcom 4311 card. Are you sure you have the same card as us SJB? The wireless network card is the only thing not working on my laptop.

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I just got this laptop for 3days and been running mac osx86 on it. Using the dlink-g122 for my wireless card now. I been looking all over online to find a solution. By a random thinking, i think we could redo the switch, as in hack it some how so we could use it to by pass the one that come with the laptop. Just go over the mini pci-e pins diagram and solder a few wires with a switch to like a usb port for power as well sort of like to jumpstart it. Its just my 2cents but i hope anyone dare enough to try. i was trying to dissemble my this morning but a few screws wont budge so i gotta a figure out a way to get em out some how.

same problem here... this is actually the second time i install osx .. this time it worked fine... (i thought) until i rebooted and there was no internet anymore ;)

The problem is that i cant turn on the wireless card on.. I keep pressing function + internet but the wireless icon wont turn on. Like someone said the only option would be dual boot and turning on the wireless card from windows. oh well :S