So if this the new leopard UI?

tadunne

10 posts in this topic

Is the UI in leopard beta 9A410 the new leopard user interface? or a place holder for something else.

I've noticed that 3rd party apps are mostly no longer brushed or pin stripe just the same grey itunes UI. So brush metal and pin stripe have been deleted from the system..

Which is nice for a consistent UI, but I think the grey is a little boring and in places does not look right (black text on dark grey does not go)

I think the new GUI will be the newest and biggest feature of all, so I woudn't put it beyond Apple to save it for last. They probably have two branches going on at the same time. One beta where they are adding the features they said at WWDC'06, and a second identical to the first where it's a test bed for the thus far developed UI to interact with the other features for incompatabilities and instabilities. That'd be my guess anyways.

I think the new GUI will be the newest and biggest feature of all, so I woudn't put it beyond Apple to save it for last. They probably have two branches going on at the same time. One beta where they are adding the features they said at WWDC'06, and a second identical to the first where it's a test bed for the thus far developed UI to interact with the other features for incompatabilities and instabilities. That'd be my guess anyways.

Probably explains why the betas we've seen are buggy, they're missing half the code ;)

Probably explains why the betas we've seen are buggy, they're missing half the code ;)

I'm pretty sure that all of the Leo seeds up to date have been alphas. Apple promised a full featured beta at WWDC this year.

I'm pretty sure that all of the Leo seeds up to date have been alphas. Apple promised a full featured beta at WWDC this year.

In the recent Apple shareholder meeting steve jobs said "Leopard will be worth the wait"

Well I guess about 1 month to wait.

I like the neutral gray that Aqua is heading toward. So many folks here seem to want an ultra-flashy interface. We had that in OS X 10.0, and it was tiresome. When you put Vista and Leopard side by side, Vista will look toy-like while Leopard will look clean and professional with its grays and lines.

Best option may be finally two "default" OS looks.

Give people that need unobtrusive GUI the unified gray look and for those who like the bling

give'em something that makes Aeroglass look like sand worn glass on the beach.

It's possible, but I suspect that's not the way Apple prefers to work. Once they decide to move onto the next insanely great thing, they move pretty fast and without looking back.

Considering Apple will almost certainly be using procedural, dynamically generated graphics for the Leopard UI, one really has think outside the box a bit. For example, if Lthe new Leopard UI is indeed based around the theme of luminosity (as the last five months of various teaser graphics has suggested), there could easily be a user setting for adjusting the dynamic light sources, and controlling just how "light" or "dark" you prefer the UI to be.