Things We Want To See In Leopard

MacVertigo

4 posts in this topic

Ok... there are a few things I'd like to see in Leopard.

1. A VERY updated Safari. I use my computer for work, and I have so much troble being the mac in the PC world. For about 20% of the sites I go to I need to switch over to parallels and use IE7.. and I hate doing that! Also I want a warning when I'm going to exit safari so I don't shut the window with 5 tabs open.. I'm a idiot and I always do that! Also I want a "save to" in the download window. So I can download to my external drive on certian files with out having to change some settings.

2. Mail. Again I use my Mac for work, and I've always had weird problems with people getting "?" in the middle of words, not getting attachments.. strange stuff. Mail needs to be more microsoft compatible for the work world. I want a mac version of outlook/entorage. I just can't stand using microsoft programs. Come on Apple.. Merge mail/adress book/ical together to one super program.

3. A Quicktime that plays EVERYTHING. I don't want to have to have Flip for Mac, and VLC player, and all the other {censored}. Just a Quicktime that plays EVERYTHING!!

4. A Updated Finder.. and I know we will get that.

5. A mac installed "App Zapper".

6. A Mac installed "Macaroni"

7. Ok.. this might sound stupid. But back in my old PC days. the windows program "paint" was so quick and easy to alter a picture, or cut part of a picture out. I just have never found any OS X installed program to work as quick and easy as paint did. I know.. stupid.. but it was so easy.

8. Hackintosh proof

I know I can have most of this with outside programs.. but I don't want to have a million things installed on my computer. I want it to all be built in.. things run better that way.

8. A built in archiving program. When I click on a group of files, I wish that when I right click I got the option to "zip" them together. That would be easy don't you think?

Ever tried that?

Ok... there are a few things I'd like to see in Leopard.

1. A VERY updated Safari. I use my computer for work, and I have so much troble being the mac in the PC world. For about 20% of the sites I go to I need to switch over to parallels and use IE7.. and I hate doing that! Also I want a warning when I'm going to exit safari so I don't shut the window with 5 tabs open.. I'm a idiot and I always do that! Also I want a "save to" in the download window. So I can download to my external drive on certian files with out having to change some settings.

Apple can't do anything if people are not following the W3C standarts for their websites ...

2. Mail. Again I use my Mac for work, and I've always had weird problems with people getting "?" in the middle of words, not getting attachments.. strange stuff. Mail needs to be more microsoft compatible for the work world. I want a mac version of outlook/entorage. I just can't stand using microsoft programs. Come on Apple.. Merge mail/adress book/ical together to one super program.

I hope not. Even Microsoft is falling back about that and have get a single software for the calendar and another one for the email in Vista.

3. A Quicktime that plays EVERYTHING. I don't want to have to have Flip for Mac, and VLC player, and all the other {censored}. Just a Quicktime that plays EVERYTHING!!

Quicktime plays everything not the Apple fault if you don't install the codecs (and you have to install them on windows too...)

http://perian.org/

4. A Updated Finder.. and I know we will get that.

Agreed.

5. A mac installed "App Zapper".

Don't see the need: everybody knows that all the preferences are in ~/Library/Application Support, just delete the directory.

6. A Mac installed "Macaroni"

7. Ok.. this might sound stupid. But back in my old PC days. the windows program "paint" was so quick and easy to alter a picture, or cut part of a picture out. I just have never found any OS X installed program to work as quick and easy as paint did. I know.. stupid.. but it was so easy.

Don't feel the need

8. A built in archiving program. When I click on a group of files, I wish that when I right click I got the option to "zip" them together. That would be easy don't you think?

I know I can have most of this with outside programs.. but I don't want to have a million things installed on my computer. I want it to all be built in.. things run better that way.

You already have the option dude, just right click on some file and there is "create an archive with xxx files/items" (my os is not in english) just under "create an alias".