compiz and other eye candies

one_7

12 posts in this topic

Yes, it works fine but I had to install this 915resolution hack to get any sense out of the GMA950. Fortunately it comes standard on Mandriva 2007, don't know about other distros though.

Yes, it works fine but I had to install this 915resolution hack to get any sense out of the GMA950. Fortunately it comes standard on Mandriva 2007, don't know about other distros though.

maybe or maybe not.

errr...what is i810 video?

i810 is the driver you use on XFree (or Xorg) for Intel-based chipsets. (Intel 810, 830, 915, 945, etc.)

As stated above, you'll probably need 915resolution to get 16:10 resolutions, otherwise you're screwed with a stretched screen.

Anyway, I don't see any reason why Compiz-like eyecandy wouldn't work with GMA950-- after all, it's got DRI support.

• 4 weeks later...

I can say that it works great :D

Some info for you:

Macbook

2.1gHz, 2gb Ram, Intel950 GMA.

Using:

Ubuntu Feisty Fawn (7.04)

xserver-xorg-video-intel ( NOT the default driver- will replace xserver-xorg-video-i810)

why this driver change ? It's better for this graphics card and fixed some WIERD display issues I had.

All in all: The standard macbook is great for Linux, so great in fact, that I more or less thrashed OSX in favour of it :censored2:

• 3 weeks later...