Gigabyte 945GZM-S2?

13 posts in this topic

Does the IDE work out of the box. It only has one channel.

I should mention that I bought one of these today not realising that it only had 1 IDE channel

I bought it just for OSX86 (Intel GMA950)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

i just bought this off newegg dirt cheap along with a nice processor

is it going to work?

do you mean reboot as in just restarting the pc normal

or rebooting directly after install going to the desktop

Can you get into the desktop?

Uh oh if not i hope im not screwd.

I am soooooooo excited to get this up i did hours of research on this mobo on the net. but forgot to ask around here

anyone hear any good news or bad about it???

I installed 10.4.9 on an Asrock conroe945g which seems to be a very similar board with no problems. Ide and sata built into ich7 worked without any issues. I patched the audio and lan using readily available files from this forum.

Good luck and have fun.

I should mention that I bought one of these today not realising that it only had 1 IDE channel

Im using this board too, I have tried install used both HD ATA & SATA, on both installation running well, the only problem is if we boot with -v option ... it show failed to load com.apple.driver.AHCIPort...anyone knows to solve this problem?

I have this board too. It works pretty good (im running 10.4.9). I didnt try SATA yet but GMA950 (10.4.8 Framebuffer), ALC883 sound (ALC Inject), and network (R1000 driver). only two things: the PS2 ports are behaving wierd: sometimes they get 'lock' during the boot......and somehow not so good disk performance (IDE), but maybe the disk is too full.

• 2 weeks later...

i am using this board and it works fine i just need to do the classic patching, lan and audio, but it doesn't hang out or get black screened at all, i am using a P4 on it, and man!! sure is a hackintosh...btw, i used uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 with SSE3 kernel and GMA950 video driver only.

cheers.

Hello dudes. I built a nice rig with this board and an e2140 processor. The intel gma 950 support which i installed with the drivers does not seem to support above 1680x1050 and I was hoping to hook ythis up to my 1080p 37" Display. Was this an error on my part or is that all it goes up to?

also would love to get 10.4.10 on here for itunes.

and installing the audio was like one click but the network took me like an hour to figure out

Hi Four! and the rest. I've got an ASUS P5B and works fine, patched audio with Azalia and Network with r1000. But i'm not sure if my processor works 100% (see specs). With the CoreDuo Temp app. my max. frequency is stucked at 1,33GHz, that means i'm not using the both cores?. Isn't it?, and How I can get both of them working out?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this is not the correct thread for this question.

Tinet

• 2 weeks later...

ive got this mobo comin in the mail. i plan on using the uphuck 1.3 dvd. which of the 2 intel sse3 kernels should i use? ill be using a celeron d 3.06ghz processor if that matters at all...

• 2 weeks later...
i am using this board and it works fine i just need to do the classic patching, lan and audio, but it doesn't hang out or get black screened at all, i am using a P4 on it, and man!! sure is a hackintosh...btw, i used uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 with SSE3 kernel and GMA950 video driver only.

cheers.

Same here.... Jas 10.4.6 ------> koolkal 10.4.10 works perfectly ( lan and audio -azalia- needs patching.....)

Good luck

Board works flawless. BUT it's SUPER LIMITED... I returned mine today, and just invested in a good board that will be extremely upgradeable as time goes on. BTW I used 10.4.9 uphuck. I just made sure temp monitor and battery kext were selected under patches. Also dont forget to diskutil>partition>option>Master Boot. Adios