Really noisy ac97 audio on windows... not osx :S

o_OR4N^_^

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys

I do alot of my drum compositions on FL Studio in windows

At the moment im running a hackintosh with OSX running logic and windows running FL studio

The problem im having at the moment is with the internal audio (yeh it sucks im saving for a Digi 002 rack :()

On windows i get STACKS of noise, and this is an ALC850 ac97 chip on a DFI mainboard. With a {censored} card i was expecting some noise but it seems to be amplified when i move my mouse (USB) or access my hard disks. Now usually id just sit there and say... well its gotta be a {censored} sound card, but this effect is not reflected on my OSX install, the sound is very clean.

Ive done the usual checks (sound card drivers, checking my cables etc). No solution :S

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated

Youll find the specs of my audio rig in my sig

Cheers

R4N

hi, i have a similar problem to this with my ac'97 on my gigabyte mobo.

I've found that when i unplug my USB printer, the noise is reduced ALOT - but when it is plugged in - i can hear noises through the speakers as it prints etc, as well as a constant noise - much like an AM car radio when you turn the windscreen wipers on or accelerate :huh:

• 1 month later...

hmmm...

This problem is usually due to a ground loop. Sometimes, newer drivers fix this, most of the times it wont.

I hear there is a little gadget (i also need loool) that can be bought cheap like radioshack, that you plug into your output and your speakers into that, and it eliminates noise. I am in Europe, no radioshack here...

Try recording something simple, then send it to an mp3 player. 99% of the time there is no noise at all, so the resulting noise is due to electro-magnetic charges flying around and trying to escape somewhere... hence the noise in speakers.