iPhone US Price plan?

neckarb

8 posts in this topic

does anyone know whether if you purchase a phone on a contract in the US, can you pay off the entire contract there and then and walk away with the phone? being in the Uk i dont want to wait till october or november and im heading over to the US anyway in July.

Yeah just terminate the contract. It will most certainly be cheaper than the plan I'm sure they will require on iPhones. Termination is usually between $150 and $250. That's a lot better than 24 months of $70+

Then again, you'd then have an effective cost of nearly $1,000 (assuming $250 termination fee, $30 activation, $650 for the 8 gig with taxes, no rebate, and at least the initial month of prorated charges...) for a network locked phone that may or may not be unlockable to your UK provider. That's quite a gamble, all things considered.

and its a gamble i'm willing to take, i tend to find that buying phones that are network locked from the US are locked for certain networks in the UK but 99% of the time two networks will work, so ill just try out various sim cards till i find a working, one $1000 for an iPhone equates to about £500 GBP at the moment and that for me is a perfectly acceptable price, so thanks for the quick responces. Looks like ill have an iPhone around US release time after all!