Stuck! on Installation please help!

faggot

8 posts in this topic

Ok. So I got Darwin 10.4.8.1 tiger ---- osx86. After that I burned it to a dvd and then popped it in my other computer. It booted off of the DVD and started installing. It worked all the way to a point where it couldn't find the airport key or something like that. After it shows that there is no key for airport it then brings me to a blue screen where if i move my mouse around enough i get the rainbow pinball of {censored} fun (bouncy ball) and then it goes to black background whith white text and says---- somehting about going into single user mode and then it lets me execute commands in a type of terminal. What do i do?!?!? I really wanna play WoW :(

Laptop or Desktop???? If its a Laptop Plug in an external monitor if your on a desktop you might have a really hard time.

goto http://wiki.osx86project.org to see if you have compatible hardware components and then fux around with it a little.

If you tell me what video card and cpu etc. I might be able to help you also.

Ok I have this:

2.6 ghz pentium 4

Sata hard drive sea gate

Intel Extreme graphics card

and the message it gives me before allowing me to type in a terminal is something that says /bin/sh on the /etc/rc aborted

{censored}, i suggest you attempt to install a later version, in my opinion, you are wasting your time

trying to play WOW with 10.4.1.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

aquanuts,

i agree that it is a {censored} nick. ;) however, i don't understand the problem, he's calling himself {censored}.

it is very attention grabbing, but where i come from it's not an offensive term unless it's

meant to be hurtful. he might be proud of being {censored}, or an attention queen. or, he might identify

himself with a bundle of sticks bound together. some really skinny people do resemble definition of

{censored} #2, or it might be some sort of political statement. the mind reels at the possibilities.

if his nick was ihatefaggots or faggotgonnabendyouover or something like that, it would be a different story!

just my opinion. :)

p.s. i ignore all sorts of posts i find offensive in these (and other forums) and i'm slightly happier for that.

I agree with Quixos - get a newer distribution, it will probably support your hardware better.

I also agree with Quixos about the name. As long as the user chose it himself he's presumably happy being known as "{censored}". When I grew up, "Brain's Faggots" were a type of tasty meatball which I loved ... maybe he's a meatball? We're not big on censorship on this site unless something is really offensive, and that usually means directly insulting others. But if allowing this results in a lot of stupid names appearing, we will jump on them. I did chuckle at the description "flipping clown"! Very English!

Guest Ramm

But did he mean 1048? He put 10481...

And the name could be insulting to some members of IM. There are some homosexual members, I know this.