ATI Radeon 9200 128mb

6 posts in this topic

Hey hopefully you's can help me out.

I am currently running a Mac OSX86 10.4.6 Rig which is made of an Asus P4P800S-X Motherboard, ATI Radeon 9200 128mb AGP Graphics card, 768mb ram and a 10gb hard drive. It at the moment is running fine, internet works straight out of the box and so does the audio. The resolutions are starting to be a pain in the B) .

I have tried editing the com.apple.Boot.plist to force my native resolution of 1440*900 just like in Windoze but it doesnt want to. I have nowhere to go with the Callista Drivers as i have no clue on what im doing :D . I have been searching around the forums here for a bit, ive found my graphics ID number which is 0x5960, i dont know what else to do. if i go into the control panel and click on Displays it lists only one resolution which is obviously 1024*768. because of my monitors high resolution its really blurry at times and hard to read.

could someone please write a tutorial or something for us 9200 users as ive seen alot of posts about x700+ and other cards but not many of my olden day kind. i am willing to learn if someone is willing to teach lol. oh and one other thing, when i boot i have to do the -v boot optioin cause otherwise i get this little banned icon type thing when booting normal. i dont know what that means but -v is the only way to get into mac osx :S.

any help is appreciated

oh :censored2: ! well i tried to install 9550 drivers as thats what i read in some other posts and people said they got it working.. and now when i boot it just hangs at " Still Waiting for Root Device " . how can i fix this or uninstall the drivers? isit best just to reinstall?

I wrote a little tutorial on how to get things working with a 9800 Pro. I think it could work for your card as well.

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ite=%2B9800+pro

Use the advanced search function. There are tons of posts related to video card issues.

I don't know what you did to break your OSX because the error you are getting does not seem related to the video card.

You broke rule Nr.1 by not creating a backup before modifying your system, so the chances of fixing your files are pretty slim.

hecker

thanks for the reply hecker.

i read your post, but how come u reply urself? :P ok well i basically didnt know how to fix my osx so i reinstalled, this time installing proper ati 9250 drivers form the tutorials and video problems sticky. all is well and i have better resolutions except i dont know how to get QE/CI. i dont want to screw around with callisto or titan/natit as i dont know what im doing. i was reading other forums about editing the ATIRadeon9700.kext file except i cant find that file or a file with a similar or close name? :S just curious but does Qe/Ci add a big performance increade or?? i have read posts that it makes osx alot more fun to use but yeah? :S/=. isit possible that i can find a more simplified tutorial. as half the tutorials dont work for me ;) and i have been following them line by line lol.

i will use the advanced search more, if i still dont find anythinhg that relates to me, or doesnt work for me ill post again and hopefully someone can help me out :censored2:

oh :( . well then i wont worry lol. would it be wiser to install windows xp or to keep mac osx. its nott that i prefer windows over mac but yeah.. hmm well thanks for the help guys, i might have to go with windows :) , ima lil gamer so yeah :)