Dual Screen in OSx86

preskush

4 posts in this topic

I've been doing some searching and coming up negative on functioning dual screen kexts for OSx86. :) This is kind of a bum-out as obviously it would be great to extend screen real-estate for music and design as well as entertainment purposes. As most video cards today support dual output, I thought I would start a dual-screen thread.

Personally, I'm using a Radeon x1300 with OSX 10.4.8 Semthex kernel 8.8.1. However, if anyone has information about getting dual screen working on any graphics card it would be appreciated if you posted. What steps did you take, what hardware are you using, etc. Lets get those second screens buzzing. :rolleyes:

I nkow this doesn't really help but just about all GMA900 and GMA950 users are able to get dual screen because they are "natively" supported in OS X as integrated GFX cards. I use a dual monitor setup on this.

I believe Natit is suited towards enabling 2 monitors on other GFX cards.

i got dual screen working fine on my set up:

motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965GM-S2 processor: Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe 2.13GHz graphics card: Nvidia GeForce 7600 GT RAM: 2GB DDR2 hard disk: WD 160GB SATA

image JaS 10.4.8 drivers Natit video drivers

I'm using dvi to connect to my 21 in widescreen monitor, and a dvi-vga converter to connect to a Dell projector, my 21in monitor is primary.

I can mirror, or extend the desktop to the Dell, however i get some problems:

1. we use the projector to watch movies in our room, and when we're doing that, i don't want the ambient light from my monitor around. If i turn off my monitor i loose all input, back to the monitor and to the projector. the computer is still on, the dvd drive is still spinning, but i get no video. The only fix i've found is to just hard reboot, and throw a shirt over my monitor.

2. when we're done with the movie and i turn off the monitor, i can't undetect it. It will always be there on the side for me to loose my mouse to. If i go to detect monitors, the samething happens as above, i loose all video.

but otherwise, dual monitors works for me.

Yea i'm running Diabolik's Natit specifically for the X1300, but it doesn't support dual screen. Seems like OSx86 + X1300 dont equal dual screen.

Which is strange because some of mac's server machines ship with X1300's.

If anyone's gotten it to work your help would be much appreciated.