Realtek ALC655

Prot

10 posts in this topic

I've seen that everybody has had success getting this onboard codec to work on osx86.

Could somebody tell me what do I have to do. I've already tried editing Info.plist but to no avail.

Thanks!!

Same here...Realtek alc655 as the ac97 codec and SiS7012 as the audio controller. I tried the Info.plist thing too and nothing happened. OS X doesnt even recognize anything in the sound hardware.

i dont really know maybe try the azalia-driver? i posted on this (alc 880). i didnt get it, though. but someone other. i cant understand why no support is give on the realtek audio chips here. the ac97 guy got their sound. so they are quit now. maybe they could help us realtekkies?

prot, you have the same board as me.... and we both have Sis southbridges... which means we cant get audio working on osx. i got my prod and vendor id into the ICH section of the ICH kext and it loaded the hardware, but also crashes the system

So the codec IS compatible just not the SiS Southbridge its on?

Oh well, I already bought a NIC card just to be able to get the network. Might as well buy a sound card that's compatible. What do you recommend?

So the codec IS compatible just not the SiS Southbridge its on?

Oh well, I already bought a NIC card just to be able to get the network.  Might as well buy a sound card that's compatible.  What do you recommend?

apparently the Sound Blaster Live! 24 bit USB package is compatible... probably uses the AppleUSBAudio kext.... osx86 project hcl reports it as working

I have an Abit AA8XE with the Realtek HD Audio. The problem with mine is sometimes the audio works, then after a reboot its gone, a few more reboots it comes back again. I have no idea what is going on. Nor can I find any info about it.

DxDiag Info:

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

For some reason I dont think these are correct.

If anyone has any ideas it would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

I have an Abit AA8XE with the Realtek HD Audio. The problem with mine is sometimes the audio works, then after a reboot its gone, a few more reboots it comes back again. I have no idea what is going on. Nor can I find any info about it.

DxDiag Info:

Manufacturer ID: 1

Product ID: 100

For some reason I dont think these are correct.

If anyone has any ideas it would be a greatly appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,

Mike

you can find an accurate dev/vend ID in your Properties Sheet for the Card on the Hardware Manager