terrible audio on GA-965p-S3 (solved)

6 posts in this topic

How did you install your audio? I tried editing the azazalia or whatever thing and I got an error about it being damaged after restart, I havent tried again though so maybe I messed up. But the skippyretard thing sounds the same after 2 installs, very tinny audio with no bass (I can adjust the bass in itunes and theres virtually no difference in zero bass and 100% bass, normally 100% bass would be overwhelming)

Skippy's drivers work great for me, the teeny sound could be a problem settings wise. If you need a "guide", I posted my installation procedure in a HOWTO, link in sig.

HTH.

Ya I posted first in that guide, but it keeps getting pushed to the 2nd page before anyone has a chance to read it. I also asked if anyone else has a 5 second lag before webpages start to load (like you type in google.com and 5 seconds after you hit enter it finally starts to load the page, like a 5 second ping), I had that problem with my old AMD gigabyte board and even with a PCI wireless card with drivers actually made for OS X.

I tried messing with the output settings in the midi control panel thing but didnt see anything to fix it. Atleast I know it should work now so hope is not lost, I dont know what Im doing wrong though. I have a soundlaster x-fi installed, I dont know if thats causing any conflicts, I doubt it.

If I can just solve these internet and audio issues Im having then I will probably use OS X as my main OS.

Ok I fixed the audio. I think I know what was wrong. Im using headphones, so when I installed the 883 drivers and chose 6 ports the bass must have been going through the subwoofer jack. I installed the 2ch azalia one and now its much better.

I still wish I could figure out whats up with the internet though.