ok so here is the hardware

cpu: pentium d 805 lga 775 2.66ghz

Motherboard:ecs pa1 mvp here is a link

http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...nuID=1&LanID=9

Ram: corsair value select 240pin 1 gig ddr2

vid card: sapphire ati x1550 512mb

psu: dynex: 500wat

hd: wd 80 gig ata

i didnt see my mobo or vid card on the compatibility list i just thought someone hasnt tested them yet

i used this guide http://www.profit42.com/index.php/2007/02/...elamd-computer/

i used this image Mac OS X 10.4.8 [JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1].iso i burned it with alcohol 120 on a dvd + r

i dont know what ppf1 is but it was the only image i could find at the time. i was a little lazy at the moment

ok now for the problem

so it installed with no problem except it took 9 hours..... i did everything in the guide but it took 9 HOURS!! i dont know whay it did that but it installed with no other problems. now when it came time to reboot it had some problems. i dont remeber what it all said but it said something was abnormal and said mach then reboot and just sit there. it was 6 in the morning and i fell asleep looking at the screen and i woke up and it was still sayin that. so i hit the power button and turned it back on and the bios screen comes up and that was it it didnt do anything. i couldnt even go into the bios or anything. so i hooked my windows hd back up and it worked. then i tried to hook the mac hd up as a secand hd and it just stuck at the bios screen it woudnt do anything so its like the mac hd is dead which it shouldnt be i cant seem to do anything with it.

ok so i hope i gave yall all the info you need. so what should i do? thanks to who ever can help ;)

i really dont understand what the deal is.. i have tried a live windows cd and knoppix and the mac install dvd. i have tried putting the hd i installed mac on as the 2nd drive and it just stays on the bios screen and does nothing but when i hook the windows hd back up without the mac hd and it boots fine.. what happen to my hd and how to i fix it and why is no one reply to my post but me??? :(

Try to find PPF2 patch image, see if that helps. Remember to use customized install and choose packages according to your hardware, otherwise it certainly won't work.

BTW, you must write down the error messages, otherwise, nobody could guess for you, hence nobody would be able to help. That's why no one made any reply.

One of the threads shows you how to make the OS X partition the active partition...becasue by default, the Windows partition will still have the flag. Search around here you'll find it. You have to go through Terminal on the OS X86 installation DVD. Also make sure you partition the HD in the proper form, which is Macintiosh Extended (jouranled). 9hrs? Something must have gone wrong mate...when I installed OS X86 on my Friends PC, which has just a slighly bit faster processor than yours...it took no more than 20mins to install the entire OS. Try re-installing it. And make sure during the installation you select ONLY what is required for your system...dont install everything there. Even if you install one extra/wrong item...you will have sideeffects either immediately after reboot...or during OS X login. :(

well see i hook the hd with mac on it up by itself and the pc will not go past the bios screen. it will not even let a live cd boot up and when i hook up the hd with windows on it and the mac hd it will not do anything. so what i need to know is what do i do with this hd since it will not let the pc go past the bios? i cant reformat it or anything. i thought of booting into the win hd then hooking up the mac hd but im afraid it will mess something up. yeah i knew somthign was up when it took 9 hours. i thought that maybe my hd went bad but even if it did it would still boot up and give me a warning. i have never seen this happen before. thanks for replying :(

Try to find PPF2 patch image, see if that helps. Remember to use customized install and choose packages according to your hardware, otherwise it certainly won't work.

BTW, you must write down the error messages, otherwise, nobody could guess for you, hence nobody would be able to help. That's why no one made any reply.

ok i found it. its not goin to do much good till i can get the pc to boot to where i can do somthing with it it will not even boot with the mac dvd in. so what does ppf1 and 2 mean anyway and thanks for replying. :huh:

Probably Master Slave errors in the Drive Configs. Verify that. Also OSX prefers to be on the Primary Master, with two CD Roms on the Secondary IDE Channel.

Yeah you guys, I've got the same problem.

Got the install done. I did this twice.

The first time it took 4 hours to do, it was dead slow. Rebooted after the install, and it hit the BIOS and froze.

Second time it took like 30 minutes to install, but the result was the same, I get to the BIOS and BAING!!! FREEZE!

Anyways the only thing I can do at this point is to pull the HDD, plug back in my WINXP drive and boot. Its worthy of note that I can pull the Mac drive and plug it to the mac, reformat and be on my way to trying it again. But its something with the hardware and the format of the drive after the install is complete.

Yes, I am picking the AMD kexts when it installs.

Be sure that the drives are connected properly, with correct master and slave stettings and have the cable connected properly to the motherboard. With one end of the cable to the motherboard and the drives on the the other connectors. When you use cable select that might cause problems. So it's best to set correct master and slave settings if you use two drives, if you use one harddrive set it to single or master mode and put it at the END of the cable.

Be sure that the drives are connected properly, with correct master and slave stettings and have the cable connected properly to the motherboard. With one end of the cable to the motherboard and the drives on the the other connectors. When you use cable select that might cause problems. So it's best to set correct master and slave settings if you use two drives, if you use one harddrive set it to single or master mode and put it at the END of the cable.

Yeah... I did all of that. I've double and triple checked everything. What really gets me is that I did the install, no problem. It took like 30 minutes. Then when it rebooted it just stopped. Funny thing is... if I take that drive, reformat it to something windows can read it'll boot no problem.

Let me be clear about what's going on.

On the primary IDE channel I've got 1 ribbon cable connected to a single hdd thats set to master. I can boot from the dvd just fine, the install runs, I use the disk utility to format the drive into mac os journaled. The install proceeds, i pick the amd pack since I'm using an amd, the install finishes and tries to reboot. When it reboots, it hangs on the bios screen and theres NOTHING I can do. It won't do anything.

Im out of ideas.

• 1 month later...

I have the EXACT same problem. If I disconnect the drive that I just installed Mac OS X, the computer will get past the BIOS screen... I tried enabling/disabling every option in the BIOS that has anything to do with IDE, but nothing works!

Ok guys, I have fixed the problem. I connected the hard-drive with a USB external case to another computer. Even though I told Disk Utility to 'erase' the entire drive, it seems there was a 200MB FAT32 partition at the beginning of the disc.

Here's what I did to solve it:

- Connected the hard-drive with an external USB case to a ubuntu computer

- Using gparted, I deleted ALL partitions on the disk.

- booted up the Mac OS installer and went to disk utility

- Did the 'erase' again. If you click the 'partition' tab, you will notice that it places a 200mb chunk of free space!!!!

- Instead, on the 'partition' tab, just choose '1 partition' from the drop-down and let it format your hard-drive.

- Notice that there is no more free space, and the HFS+ partition takes up the entire disk.

- Continue with the install process.