Anyone using quicksilver?

dailo

18 posts in this topic

1: Quicksilver is {censored}. You just play around with thier stupid project. I dont get the concept of it, i mean if you want your trip in "3D", tape the damn thing.

2: Was OSX Leopard page the place to post this?

Sorry I forgot to mention that I am using it in Leopard, and this only happens in Leopard and is not a problem in Tiger.

I find Quicksilver pretty neat and I use it all the time to lauch programs and other things. It's pretty powerful if you learn all the features.

Did apple remove the ability for Applications to alter the Dock or something in Leopard? My Adium no longer displays message count anymore which could explain why QS shows up in the dock now. I haven't been able to find any info on whether this is true or not. Just curious...

• 2 weeks later...
1: Quicksilver is {censored}. You just play around with thier stupid project. I dont get the concept of it, i mean if you want your trip in "3D", tape the damn thing.

2: Was OSX Leopard page the place to post this?

Do you even know what Quicksilver is? What are you talking about?

-3nigma

I encourage you to be more open minded. It is extremely useful. Just because it isn't helpful to you, does not mean that is the case for every other user of Quicksilver. ;)

Dont you dare {censored} about Quicksilver, it is one of the most awesome programs ever. It can change tracks without me going to iTunes, Launch Programs and stuff that I dont know about. Also its freeware.

Quicksilver is one of the best freeware if not THE best freeware app out there. It increased my productivity and responsiveness so much faster. Its awesome. Period.

I'm confused about this statement and suspect you're talking about another app. Whats this about Quicksilver, trips in 3d and taping it?

yep, it would be the first program i recommend to any new mac user. its easy, simple, and it adapts to every person with their logarithms that are built into the program. it has increased my productivity tons.

Out of interest, what do you guys use Quciksilver for other than:

Opening Programs

Controlling iTunes

Web searching

Browse for files instead of using Finder

I'm trying to understand if there are any hidden features of the program which I don't know of. I mean, it's a great application, but you guys speak so high of it.

- Sb. :P

i've tried it, and found that it's just easier to click a dock icon

Yeah, but surely you don't have an icon in your dock for every application you use? Plus, you can use it to quickly find files and folders, do web searches, etc... ;)

- Sb.