Post Your 100% Workin' Hackintosh Specs

Denicio

12 posts in this topic

This is my 1st post, greetings to all, this is a great community!

I'm using my Hackintosh for a week now, installed JaS 10.4.8 with Titan patch for my AGP GeForce.

1) Even though I'm sure everything works 100% correctly, when I downloaded TetrisZone from www.tetris.com all i got was some messed-up VRAM garbage on my Tetris window (I could see part of my Win Desktop in Parallels Desktop even though it wasn't running!). Is MacVidia going to help this?

2) Also my AGP card is recognised as PCI. Should I add "AGPGart" or there's a chance of losing OGL/QE/CI capabilities?

That's all I've encountered so far, I hope nothing more comes up!

Thank you in advace,

Kozlowski

Think my works 100% with latest. Installed finelly Adobe CS3 Design Premium and what a boost compared på CS2 :rolleyes:

For month i have running OS X native and long time ago say'd goodbye to Windows.

No doubt about it that next computer will be Mac Pro. Real is always more simple to upgrade etc.

Specifications:

OSx86 Version: 10.4.9 + 8.9.1 kernel:

picture1fu6.jpg

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-965P-DS3 rev. 1

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 @ 2.8 GHz

GPU: ATi Radeon X1800XT

RAM: 2GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800 MHz

HDD: Hitatchi 160GB SATA-II

Not much else to say. Everything is working, 100%. No problems at all. Infact, it's like a real Mac (except it isn't :rolleyes:).

Nice Laptop Specs.

What's KoolKal btw?

Since many people are having problems with the JAS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3 AIO DVD and updating it with the JAS 10.4.9 AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3 Updater, KoolKal came out with "koolkal 10.4.9 combo update intel sse3 with 8.9.1 kernel or 8.8.1 kernel" which allows you to select which kernel works for your install.

I used the JAS 10.4.8 Intel SSE3 ONLY DVD to do a clean install and the koolkal 10.4.9 combo update intel sse3 with 8.9.1 kernel. and eveything works flawlessly.

(NOTE: I tried to use the JAS 10.4.8 AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3 AIO DVD and updating it with the JAS 10.4.9 AMD/Intel SSE2/SSE3 Updater but the install had many nonworking components, so I tried the above method with only the JAS 10.4.8 INTEL ONLY DVD and the KoolKal 10.4.9 update)

To find the KoolKal 10.4.9 update just search Demonoid for KoolKal. Cheers!

(Quote to tjarven): I fully agree with you. I'm trying to minimize my fault percentage on my Hackintosh, to make the transition from Win to Mac as well.

That's why I was wondering how come I get garbage from Tetris Zone downloaded from http://www.tetris.com

If my GPU is causing this glitch, I would go and get ATi x1600, but I still don't know for sure.

(Quote to Sabr): I love the fact that it isn't a Real Mac, that's the magic of it :rolleyes:

(Quote to x86SMD): Many thanks for the info!

Is anyone able to help me about my "AGPGart" question?

(Quote to Sabr): I love the fact that it isn't a Real Mac, that's the magic of it :)

Well, yeah, there is a certain 'magical' aspect to OSx86, but still, having a real Mac would be nice :)

My setup has been totally hassell-free once the solution to the nVidia 512 MB bug was discovered.

The only thing it doesn't do is recognize hard drives attached on the orange SATA ports.

So I think we'll call it a 98% working hackint0sh. :rolleyes:

See my sig. Working it 24/7 with FCP Studio, no problems whatsoever (except that Compressor2 ultimately sucks as the slowest encoder ever). Turned off indexing on my RAID drives to increase disk throughput, having a blast with OS X. Just resized and cleaned my WindowsXP partition, it will be quite a while until I return to it. Haven't had to do so in the past... 2.5months... :)

• 2 years later...