Can't Burn Image

MacMonster

14 posts in this topic

Hi All, I have managed to get hold of the JaS 10.4.8 image in an attempt to run OSX of my laptop. However I can't get the thing onto a bloody disk!!! I have tried using Nero Burning ROM, Alcohol 120% and DVD Santa. I have also tried both supported Disc formats for my DVD Drive (Ricoh DVD+rw RW8165) but I cannot get the image to disk. I want to do a native install as I do not understand any of this VMWare stuff no matter how much I read it. Can anyone help with a suggestion or two? Could anyone send me a burnt disk in the post? :s

Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I have trying to at least get this image to disk for the last four days now and it's becoming super annoying. Again I have tried both DVD+R (Doesn't even begin write) and DVD+RW (fails at 32% with "illegal disk" error message) these are the only two formats supported by my writer. Is there anything I can do?

Any ideas from anyone would be greatly appreciated. I have trying to at least get this image to disk for the last four days now and it's becoming super annoying. Again I have tried both DVD+R (Doesn't even begin write) and DVD+RW (fails at 32% with "illegal disk" error message) these are the only two formats supported by my writer. Is there anything I can do?

Try MagicISO (chek in any torrent site) it can work if your image is correct and your hard drive have enough space for the temporary image.

From toolbar: File/open (your image) and then Tools/Burn CD/DVD with ISO...

post-100410-1177271614_thumb.jpg

It's also possible that you have a busted DVD burner, mine was. Try getting someone with a laptop that has a DVD burner on it to come over to your house and you can network them up and burn it. (In Windows, go to Network connections and go to 'Set up home or small office network' on the sidebar)

• 1 month later...

Extremeskier and JeffyJeff:

can I rename from win xp? As the original file has no extension?

ALL files have extensions...whether you can see them or not is another story.

In WinXP...open My Computer, click Tools in the menu, click Folder Options. Click the "View" tab and uncheck hide extensions for known file types. Click apply and OK. Then go back to your file and change the .cdr to .iso.

Burn.