Best Hardware to Buy

8 posts in this topic

I've searched the forums and there's just waaaaay to much info for me to decide on my own. I'm trying to build a pretty decent OSX86 machine spending about $700-800, I have a spare case but might consider getting another one. I was just wondering what hardware would you guys use to build your own box. Any help would be great thanks.

I've searched the forums and there's just waaaaay to much info for me to decide on my own. I'm trying to build a pretty decent OSX86 machine spending about $700-800, I have a spare case but might consider getting another one. I was just wondering what hardware would you guys use to build your own box. Any help would be great thanks.

Get yourself an Intel board based on the 915 chipset. I originally purchased a D915GUXL and is 100% compatible.

running a MSI 915g combo board with a p4 2.66 processor, a benq 16x single layer dvd and a eide hdd partitioned into two. everything works flawlessly. cost me 250 without the hdd to get it built, +whatever you wanna spend on a case.

i think the msi board takes any 775 processor they have out now.

Ah damn, guess I'll have to wait. I've never really used OSX all that much, but when I tested it on my Sony laptop for a few days I fell in love with it. Had to dump it for XP again though, it didn't support my Wacom tablet all that well. That's why I wanted to build a dedicated OS X beast and run it full time.