Someone knows some method for to read a floppy disk inside osx86, or that is impossible ?...

pc_guru

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I'm wondered if exist some method to read a floppy disk in osx86 or that's not possible. I have some Mac floppy disks that i'd like to check there. If you have some suggestion, please i'd like to hear you. Thanks you.

Probably possible with a USB floppy disk drive.

Ok, i've read using my USB powered Zip drive in OSX86, but i talk about of internal floppy disk, is that possible or is discarded ?. Thanks you.

I think the floppy drive connected via internal USB would work. In this day and age who uses floppies?

I use floppy, but i haven't usb drive. If someone knows how to read floppy, using internal FDD, i'd like to hear. Sarcastic comments don't help to nobody.

Apple stopped producing systems with floppy drives with the introduction of iMac in 1999

There is a Darwin driver that doesn't work and no one is developing it any further since 2002 because of lack of interest:

http://forums.osxfaq.com/viewtopic.php?t=2971

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2004 8:22 pm Post subject: where is the patch for the floppy fix? Reply with quote

hello. i have a power mac g3/266 and looking to get floppy support under jaguar. the original link of ftp://ftp.mklinux.org/pub/darwin/floppy does not work. is there another location that i could download the driver from or would someone be kind enough to post it somewhere if they have a working copy? thanks.

Do not work with OS X Jaguar. The page is not abalaible all the time, and they don't answer the email I sent.

I am sure you can take a crack at it :)

I use floppy, but i haven't usb drive. If someone knows how to read floppy, using internal FDD, i'd like to hear. Sarcastic comments don't help to nobody.

I wasnt being sarcastic and my question is legit. Apple only support Floppies via USB. So if you need to use floppies get a USB Floppy drive.

I think the floppy drive connected via internal USB would work. In this day and age who uses floppies?

About of USB floppy, ok that's a valid input/comment, but the last one sentence, wasn't necessary, Ok ?. Anyway, thanks you for your clearing it.

About of USB floppy, ok that's a valid input/comment, but the last one sentence, wasn't necessary, Ok ?. Anyway, thanks you for your clearing it.

I have managed to DL those source files and just in case I attach the archive here.

Please drop a line here should you have any success!

Edit: to unarchive "fdsrc.tar.gz" use http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/14503

Floppy_sources.zip

• 4 months later...

"...In this day and age who uses floppies?..."

"...sarcastic comments don't help to nobody..."

Sarcastic? What a suspicious mind! I think that's only a funny comment.

As far as the floppy, I also have an useless FDD in my PC, I'm gonna trying the file posted by sudar, I shall post the result here.