display matching fails

Wizi

4 posts in this topic

I appologise if this topis was already mentioned somewhere here...

So, short details:

Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 735 1.6GHz, SSP2 supported, 1gb DDR RAM, 40gb HDD, Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 w/ 64MB VRAM.

I've followed the instructions from HERE exactly as it says and it all went just fine untill I reached the end of step 5 where I had to start the Mac OS for the first time and to download and burn the Darwin 8.0.1 Install CD. I see the startup screen with the Apple logo in the middle of it and a small timer just below it, but then comes a message saying "You have to turn off your PC. Hold down the power button... bla-bla-bla-bla". In 4 different languages! Impressive.

I've tried already the -s and the -x boot-up options, but without any success. The pictures that I show you are made once at the end starting with -s and once with -v.

img12520xj.th.jpg img12535ef.th.jpg

Thank you VERY much in advance for any help and advice!

Regards,

Andy

I appologise if this topis was already mentioned somewhere here...

So, short details:

Intel Pentium M (Centrino) 735 1.6GHz, SSP2 supported, 1gb DDR RAM, 40gb HDD, Ati Mobility Radeon 9700 w/ 64MB VRAM.

I've followed the instructions from HERE exactly as it says and it all went just fine untill I reached the end of step 5 where I had to start the Mac OS for the first time and to download and burn the Darwin 8.0.1 Install CD. I see the startup screen with the Apple logo in the middle of it and a small timer just below it, but then comes a message saying "You have to turn off your PC. Hold down the power button... bla-bla-bla-bla". In 4 different languages! Impressive.

I've tried already the -s and the -x boot-up options, but without any success. The pictures that I show you are made once at the end starting with -s and once with -v.

img12520xj.th.jpg img12535ef.th.jpg

Thank you VERY much in advance for any help and advice!

Regards,

Andy

Seems that u r using improperly burnt dvd, kindly check and tally with the md5 hash of the disk and also try burning disk at lower speeds, the try installing from dvd.

I didn't installed it from a DVD. It was a image file (iso) that I've copyed using the rawwrite copy program "dd" on already created and empty partition. Than the chain0 and so on and so fort.... See the "HERE" link for more details what I've actually done.

Could I download the DVD version somehow? Please... :]