Vista Sucks

Eggman

5 posts in this topic

Yeah. Hopefully you can figure out my problem with Vista! :) Well, I'm using Beta 1. I installed it onto a free partition on the Windows hard drive, and now it has leeched onto my computer. It replaced the MBR with its own boot loader (I managed to use WinGrub to get GRUB back from within Vista), but now I can't run XP. I select XP from GRUB and it opens Vista's boot loader. I select XP from that list, and it says that \WINDOWS is either missing or corrupt. How do I fix this?

PS: I find it funny that the most unstable OS of all time (OSx86) is fine! ;)

Ok. So I think what you can do if you have a xp install cd put the cd in a cd/dvd drive and boot into it. when it gets done loading your gonna want to go into the recovery console. (Check google if you dont know how to to this) Your gonna want to enter your xp install btw. your gonna want to do 2 things. fixmbr and fixboot. CAUTION: THESE INSTRUCTIONS ARE FOR BOOTING ONLY WINDOWS AND NOTHING ELSE. Then you should be able to boot into windows. Btw The Vista boot {censored} will be gone. I had this same kind of issue when I installed ubuntu last week. Good luck with this.

Topic Closed,

Please don't post topics with the theme "Vista Sucks" Vista in itself is beta, so don't flame it and I doubt you were an "official" beta tester... :(

If you need help, please feel free to open a new topic without the "Vista Sucks" theme.