Mac X OS10.4.8 installation ok but HD temporal freezes

itzalak

10 posts in this topic

Hi everybody:

I'm new user of Mac X 10.4.8 OSx86, but I have read a lot of it, installation guides, supported hardware, drivers (kext files), dual boots, etc... but want to tell you what is my personal "problem"

I have a CLEVO M120W laptop:

Intel M725 processor

Intel® 855GME VGA

12.1" WXGA (1280x800) TFT

80 GB IDE HD, supporting PIO mode 4/ATA-66/100 (Ultra DMA)

AC'97 2.2 Compliant Interface

Intel® Pro/Wireless 2200BG

The system works fine with windows XP

The installation of Mac OS X 10.4.8 (jas, ss2, ss3, x11, power management...) goes fine and the system boots up well.

I can start working but randomly (about 5 sec) the USB mouse dissappears and looks like the hard disk stops suddenly, after 5 seconds the mouse becomes and I can work again normally until it happens again (5 seconds more or less).

I can hear how the HD stops so I think it could be a IDE problem. Somebody can help me?

Maybe I must select boot system type="other system" in the BIOS?

Thanks a lot and congratulations for this great forum.

I have seen that the system goes to idle all the time (with activity monitor) so I booted up with -v and saw the next message: "PowerManagement emergency overtemp signal. going to idle" I used the hardware monitor to see the M725 proccesor temperature but only HD temp can seen. With windows everything goes fine (no temperature problem). I take a look to the device manager and my intel mobile m725 processor is not recognized by the system. Could it be the problem?

Thanks a lot to everybody that is trying to help me, specially to macgirl.

• 1 year later...

Hey, sorry for diggin' out this topic. I have the same lappy, i am installing now 10.4.6 from a DVD, but... trackpad is not working, i needed to plug in a usb mouse. Does anybody knows a way to make it work?