Marvell-Yukon 88E1116

15 posts in this topic

I have read that the Marvell-Yukon chips work, and I've found various threads with drivers for different models, but I've never found anything about the 88E1116. Has anyone else gotten it to work?

A quick overview of what i've done

forcedeth: the interfaces are created normally and show up in all config pages, but the lights on the cards are dark and I can't connect/get a dhcp lease

AppleYukon.kext: I edited the Info.plsit with my hardware ID (0x037310DE) Lights are on, and Built-In Ethernet shows up in Networking, with a message of "cable not connected", but I can't actually configure it- it just is there in the status page and the interfaces don't appear when I do "ifconfig -a"

I tried 3 different revisions of IONetworking.kext (the thing containing AppleYukon.kext)- (I'm using tubgirl's 10.4.8) the default, the one in /System/Library/Extentions_disabled, and the one in /System/Library/Extentions_disabled/old

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have the same controller and decided to see if I could modify the "forcedeth" driver to support the 88E1116 as well. I used the source code available on the nVidia website to fill in the "missing" pieces. I ended up with a working but buggy driver. Why this chipset is "problematic" compared to other Marvell chipsets is how a link with a partner needs to be established. I still have some work left that needs to be completed e.a. When the driver loads the media configuration will default to auto negotiation so manual media settings are ignored for now. (Altough after loading the the media settings can be changed, ea 10Mbps, 100Mbps, 1000Mbps, Full/Half duplex etx) The ability to change the MTU size needs to be implemented, add pause frame and jumbo frame support.

I will post the driver shortly.

(thanks to guys how worked on the forcedeth driver!)

Mike.

• 3 weeks later...

i too need this driver. i have an abit AN-M2HD mobo with GeForce7050PV / nForce630a chipset running an ati x1950 pro 512mb card. i managed to get the graphics drivers installed perfectly on 10.4.9 and i have jus found my own way of getting the onboard audio to work out of two speakers using the ALC888 onboard audio chip. if anyone is having problems with this mobo (which i havent seen mentioned anywhere else) let me know. all i need now is that damn yukon driver for my perfect system..... :wallbash:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Caminoz how did you get your RTL8139 to work, i have the RTL8139C and i can't get it to work for the life of me. I kind of gave up on the Marcell 88E1116 for now since no one has had success with it, but the the RTL seems like some have gotten it to work, but i cant. Any help would be greatly appreciated it.

• 3 months later...