InsanelyMac Firefox search plugins

5 posts in this topic

Alot of people complain about the site's search so I made some search engine plugins for the forums and a seperate one for the wiki. So now you don't have to logon to the site to be able to search for something and It uses google rather than the site's search engine.

InsanelyMac Forums search

OSx86 Project Wiki search

picture2wr2.png

The reason I used google is because the insanelymac search has limitations.

1. It only shows you what threads the keyword you searched for is in, not the post. This can be a pain when the thread is 32 pages long and you have to find the post relevant to what you are searching for.

2. There are character limitations. For example: try to search for "ATI" or "NX" or "Titan AGP". (insanelyMacs search sucks.)

3. You must be registered to InsanelyMac and have your account logged in.

Also I have it hosted by Mozilla and have included browser updating support.

1. It only shows you what threads the keyword you searched for is in, not the post. This can be a pain when the thread is 32 pages long and you have to find the post relevant to what you are searching for.

You're right, the InsanelyMac search does suck but you can actually view the search as posts as well as thread topics. This helps out a lot and so no longer do you have to go through all 32 pages. It will just show you the posts that have your word in it. And if it's in all 32 posts, then well 32 pages it is...