LaptopDisplay

np_

429 posts in this topic

could you be kind to give feedback on this np_?? and give some more instructions if need it, or should i just keep on waittin for you to solv all of our problems??

I note from looking at your ioreg log that you have the same problem with identifying the ProductID and VendorID that I do. Namely, a search for DisplayProductID will turn up this section of your log file:

| |   |	   |	   "DisplayProductID" = 0
| |   |	   |	   "IOMatchCategory" = "IODefaultMatchCategory"
| |   |	   |	   "Power Management private data" = 
| |   |	   |	   "IOProviderClass" = "IODisplayConnect"
| |   |	   |	   "DisplayVendorID" = 1970170734

Edited by joshlawless

Could I cheat and just rename the DisplayVendorID-06af and ProductVendorID-1247 folder and file that I generated with the display utility to match what IOReg is outputting? (e.g., DisplayVendorID-1970170734 and DisplayProductID-0) And, I presume, I would also change the Display Vendor and Display Prodct properties within the file (to their integer values) using PList editor?

I mean, if IOGraphicsFamily thinks I have a VendorID of 1970170734 and a Product ID of 0, rather than trying to convince it that I have, in fact, a Vendor ID of 6af and a ProductID of 1247, I could just edit the DeviceProductID-0 file to include my EDID data string, and therefore feed it the correct resolutions / support for CI and QE.

It turns out this sort of works. I renamed the file and folder to the IDs that ioreg thought my panel had, and changed the ID entries inside the file as well. It must have read from the file, because System Profiler indicated that the name of my attached display was "Asus LCD," the value within the file. The resolution wasn't improved (no CI or QE, either). I tried entering default resolution information, too, using the format I found in another, pre-existing ProductID-XX file:

<key>default-resolution</key>
<data>
AAAFoAAAA4QAPP//
</data>

No luck! But, interesting that it pulled the right name from the file.

please post full ioregs , in this one missing most import part

I can't seem to get the full ioreg. Actually, after typing "ioreg -l -w1024 > 6200....", it reports:

ioreg: error: can't obtain properties.

It seems like I've done something wrong... :whistle:

Cheers,

PopMishima

Ah. I thought that this was the IOGraphicsFamily I downloaded from your totest.zip post. I'll reinstall it and try again.

Are the dependency errors anything that would be preventing this from working?

Thanks for all your help, by the by. :police:

Also, I notice that the DisplayVendorID in the IOreg is "1970170734" -- I can't see my MAC drive right now, but isn't there a DisplayVendorID-1970170734

folder in /system/library/displays/overrides ? Is this an apple VendorID?

i did mean i need to post new IOGraphicsFamily :)

when i found few hrs free time i will do that

hi,everyone

great to meet you all

i've got a samsung x11cv0g with a geforce go 7400

and Jas osx 10.4.8 intel amd sse2 sse3 installed

i've tried two versions of natit,titan and even nvidiaefi

but they all didn't work and what welcomed me were blackscreens

the most odd thing is that one of my buddy also has a x11 and natit works well

on his machine.

why?

how to get ioregs?

i am a newbie on osx,thanks.

To get an ioreg output, launch terminal and type:

ioreg -l > filename.txt

this will output the ioreg to the file filename.txt, which should be located in your home directory (unless you changed the directory in terminal)

For a primer on ioreg, see the following:

http://www.hmug.org/man/8/ioreg.php

or type "man ioreg" in a terminal window (Ctrl-Z will get you out of this manual mode, that took me a while to figure out)

Edited by joshlawless

How do you edit NVidiaEFI.kext with your deviceID? I know where to do so in Natit.kext and Titan.kext, but I don't see any key in the NVidiaEFI.kext to replace. Are you adding a key to the file, and if so, where?

Sorry for the delay on the answer, didt it on info.plist

"<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>0x034810de</string>"

Edited by nody

Hi, with the nVidiaEFI in System profile it's ok the video and resolution of NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400 (Sony Vaio FS315H with jas 10.4.7 repack) but

the Quartz are not supported and the ram is only 32MB, so I can't play DVD and others applications... here my system profile, how ca I do?

NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400:

Modello Chipset: NVIDIA GeForce Go 6400

Tipo: Monitor

Bus: PCIe

VRAM (totale): 32 MB

Fornitore: nVIDIA (0x10de)

ID dispositivo: 0x0168

ID revisione: 0x00a1

Monitor:

Monitor:

Risoluzione: 1280 x 800 @ 60 Hz

Profondità: Colore 32-bit

Core Image: Non Supportato

Monitor principale: Sì

Mirror: Spento

Online: Sì

Quartz Extreme: Non Supportato

Sorry for the delay on the answer, didt it on info.plist

"<key>IONameMatch</key>

<string>0x034810de</string>"

Where did you hear to try that. Did it work for you? I tried on mine, made no difference (With my 0347 product ID). Did you replace the value "display" that was in nvidiaefi.kext, or did you have to add a new key?

Where did you hear to try that. Did it work for you? I tried on mine, made no difference (With my 0347 product ID). Did you replace the value "display" that was in nvidiaefi.kext, or did you have to add a new key?

I haven´t hear nowhere, been away for while, been sick, and did cross reading of the topic, that´s why i said "didn´t understand the first time should edit, or should Not?? "., and still dont know if i should have, never got a answer from np_ on that.

And i only repalce the value, did a copy of it my desk, and then replace it on the folder.

About workin?? i don´t really think it works, only thing that happen was to get lcd color on display, and a misreading of 256MB, instead of 128MB, as it should have done. :happymac:

i've got a samsung X11 notebook with a geforce 7400 go.

i downloaded laptopdisplay.kext and modified iographicfamily.kext,installed them in the extentions

and i also put DisplayProductID-0b00 or DisplayProductID-b00 (IODisplayEDID key inserted,IOGFlags key modified) in /system/library/displays/overrides/DisplayVenderID-XXX folder.

with all apple nvidia drivers in extentions,if i set probescores to 0 in info.plist of iographicfamily.kext,there was no PanelA or Backlight or something like that found in ioregs,or if i set probescores to 3000,i could find everything in ioregs which np_ specified.

in system.log in /var/log,i saw that the panelA was loaded ok,even the system could detected its max resolution is 1280*800,but i also noticed something weird there which told me that NVID:family specific match fails. in system profile,osx didn't know my graphic card type which is geforce 7400 go,and it simply showed Type:display,but it recognized the venderid and devid.

with nvidiaefi or natit installed ,the system booted into a blackscreen with the harddrive light blnking,i guess that the system was running well background.

i haven't got a external display so i couldn't make sure what was going on behind the blackscreen.

is there anybody meet with the same problem as mine?

I guess much all of us... :pirate2:

@nody

I have the same card as you have Go5700 and everything works on external monitor.

Is that the same thing on your laptop?

Thanks.

Edited by Thor

@nody

I have the same card as you have Go5700 and everything works on external monitor.

Is that the same thing on your laptop?

Thanks.

On the external dunknow cause i havent one, all i can say is that titan, natit and mcvidia wont work, gives the black or white screen or kernel "need to restart you´re Os" on startup. So i guess we´ve got the same problem, except for the workin external... :whistle:

Would just like to say that its a great job getting done here well done to all involved :thumbsup_anim:

Now to my question i just got a new notebook some rebadged thing anyway its a pentuim m 1.76 built in gma 900

my problem like everyone else is that i have no internal display but if i boot with external monitor everything is perfect what would like to know is will this laptopdisplay.kext work for me ???? and if so how will i go about getting it working .

Thank you