Acronis True Image Server for Windows 8 (Build 903)

oakraven

4 posts in this topic

I use Acronis True Image also. It backs up and restores OSX and Linux partitions perfectly. Even moving partitions from one drive to another. And it is fast (about 1 GB per minute to/from an external Firewire drive) and extremely easy to use. It has saved my ass several times and makes it painless to experiment, just like you say.

Thanks for your contributions. However, this has been covered about in about 30 posts, please do a search in 'all forums':

http://forum.osx86project.org/index.php?ac...ighlite=acronis

Acronis TI could not expand an AF type partition (HFS+) and Powerquest (now Symantec) Partition Magic and Driveimage do not recognize type AF at all. Therefore you can't use this to do an expansion of a dd deadmoo partition.

I use Acronis True Image also. It backs up and restores OSX and Linux partitions perfectly. Even moving partitions from one drive to another. And it is fast (about 1 GB per minute to/from an external Firewire drive) and extremely easy to use. It has saved my ass several times and makes it painless to experiment, just like you say.

I'll have to try this. As I've not being using my XP install at all in the last month or so, I'd like to ensure that all the data I've accumulated in OS X will survive.. Thanks!