Software Update...

KingFish

10 posts in this topic

So I've got OS X running well on an MSI Neo2 P4 2.4Ghz system, only problems are the ATI vid card showing as generic (I'm going to swap card out for a GeForce 5400 I have laying around, and no PCI 3rd Party card recognition, which is expected at this point.

Apple's "Software Update" I should disable this... non ?

Has anyone actually run any of the updates available directly from the Software Update Service, built into OS X ?

I have 1047 installed with 1048 kernel and I did all the updates ment for 1048 and the security updates for 1047 via the official apple update and everything still works. Ok i first used the search function to see or other people had any problems or succes ;-)

Edited by wow

NO YOU CANNOT INSTALL MACINTOSH UPDATES WITH APPLE'S BUILT-IN SOFTWARE UPDATE

That's only the Mac OS update, uncheck them and continue on the other software updates

Yes, you can! Depending on the mobo/cpu you have...

Yes, you can! Depending on the mobo/cpu you have...

Depends more on what is in the update, last update (2006-008 ) has security fixes on Quartz Composer and QuickTime for Java, so neither Intel/AMD hs problems with that.

When the update has files that has CPUIDs make AMD based machines vulnerable to break or Panic, sometimes wouldn't boot.