DVD to AVI

Perry44

6 posts in this topic

Thanks, i tried Handbrake and ffmpegx (both of which i heard were good) and they both convert the VIDEO_TS file into a 14 MB file :thumbsdown_anim: I checked & confirmed that the VIDEO_TS folder was 4.3 GB, and plays fine in VLC, so I dont know what is going wrong. Any suggestions? Thanks.

-- Perry

Is your dvd drive supported, please look in system profiler,

I had this problem, but i downloaded a program which added support, but unfortunately I have forgotten what it is called.

BaYlisS

Edit: Program called PatchBurn

Edited by Bayliss

• 5 weeks later...

This one has been a great disappointment to me. The cutting edge of things insn't to be found anywhere near the Mac platform. Try reading up on a program for the PC called DVDRebuilder Pro. It can boil an 8gig DVD down to a 4gig like most other programs but, in this case, even on a VAST screen you would not be able to see the differences unless you still framed and delved deep into the shadows for detail. The program takes a looooooong time to do x number of passes but if you are looking to backup your precious (no pun intended) Lord Of The Rings DVDs against the hands of your children who treat them like Frisbees between watching sessions, DVDRebuilder Pro is your man. It can use an industry standard codec that costs as much as a car, or a free one that is doing the rounds that is pissing the industry leader off big time and that offers some say very slightly better quality. On a small screen it matters little what you use unless you are boiling 8gigs down to four or 700mb or less. If you come across a Mac program that uses the industry standard codecs, the big boys or, more to the point, the free and legal HC Encoder, let me know. I beg you!

Edited by Detosx