Need some help with an X79 build

5 posts in this topic

I've started from scratch on my OpenCore project, trying to follow Dortania's guide to the letter on my Ivy Bridge-E setup. It's been a struggle, but I've gotten pretty far in the boot process, but now I'm hung up. I ran into the x86_validate_topology issue, and I think I got past that one. Being Ivy Bridge E, I'm good with just getting to Monterey, so that's what I have setup for my USB installer.

Hardware:

ASUS P9X79 Pro

E5-2667v2

XFX RX 5600 XT

A couple SATA drives and an NVME drive installed in a PCIe adapter card (that works on a 5,1 MP).

I've attached my EFI and a screenshot of the error, but let me know if you have any other questions. 

I'd really appreciate some guidance!

IMG_1858.jpeg

EFI.zip

The issue was identified and resolved here. In the first paragraph, you'll find the solution in the BIOS settings. Take a look to see if it works for you: Link

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spakk said:

The issue was identified and resolved here. In the first paragraph, you'll find the solution in the BIOS settings. Take a look to see if it works for you: Link

Yeah, I came across this in my searches, but unfortunately, my BIOS doesn't have any such setting available. I don't know that it's even an option on X79 (the link you mention is for KVMs). I've combed through every option under advanced and nothing. I don't know if that means I'm dead in the water. :(

7 hours ago, Slice said:

You are not the first installing macOS on X79. Look for example

Yeah, that's where I first started my endeavor, but I've had far less success following that guide. I actually posted my issue there but no luck, so I went back to the official OC guide. I'm really trying to learn, google, and follow instructions, but I guess I'm just not grasping this. I also wasn't sure if I shouldn't be posting my questions in the guide section, so I started a thread here.

Edited by BrushEatingGoat