upgrading clover 5145 to 5157

RobertX

101 posts in this topic

7 minutos atrás, RobertX disse:

aqui está a inicialização preboot.log do usb com um dos seus arquivos config.plist sugeridos

pré-inicialização.log 83.23 kB·3 downloads

Ok, are you change your RestrictEvents kext like im said? 

Maybe we need take a look on your EFI. If is possible, please post here.

You can use website like medifire.com, for exemple and post link here. 

Thanks

You can choose too EFI specific for your hardware, see Olarila forum 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folder-with-clover-and-opencore/ 

5 minutes ago, Max.1974 said:

Ok, are you change your RestrictEvents kext like im said? 

Maybe we need take a look on your EFI. If is possible, please post here.

You can use website like medifire.com, for exemple and post link here. 

Thanks

You can choose too EFI specific for your hardware, see Olarila forum 

https://www.olarila.com/topic/5676-hackintosh-efi-folder-with-clover-and-opencore/ 

...thx Max, gotta do some reading....    but here is a copy of my efi folder

EFI.zip

• Like 1

Hi @RobertX  

I analyzed your config.plist and realized that the one I added did not include your AMD graphics card, in this case it is really difficult, and you need to also put -wegnoigpu in the boot arg to eventually disable Intel.

In the bios you need to give Load Optimal Defaults and place your card in the foreground to boot. It would be good to leave Intel disabled.

And in Bios, try to enable XHCI and you can leave UEFI only, and disable CSM support, unless your card is Chinese other than the native ones and from recognized brands, because I bought one myself for testing, flashed the bios and it only goes up with CSM activated.

But if yours isn't, there's no point. You need to look for an EFI according to your processor generation, and try the Olarila ones, I always use them from there and it always works, and then I'll update and apply the necessary patches.

Your kexts need updating too, and if I may suggest, start again with the USBinjectall and XHCI-Unsupported kexts to clear up any doubts about possible USB port conflicts.

Another detail that I noticed, you are using the DSDT extracted from the machine, but without compilation. There are errors in the DSDT

You need to use the CorpNewT SSDTTime program to extract the ACPI tables.

You really need a tutorial or someone who can advise you like Maldon.

I hope this help you

Captura de Tela 2024-02-28 às 22.45.13.png

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
On 2/28/2024 at 8:47 PM, Max.1974 said:

Hi @RobertX  

I analyzed your config.plist and realized that the one I added did not include your AMD graphics card, in this case it is really difficult, and you need to also put -wegnoigpu in the boot arg to eventually disable Intel.

In the bios you need to give Load Optimal Defaults and place your card in the foreground to boot. It would be good to leave Intel disabled.

And in Bios, try to enable XHCI and you can leave UEFI only, and disable CSM support, unless your card is Chinese other than the native ones and from recognized brands, because I bought one myself for testing, flashed the bios and it only goes up with CSM activated.

But if yours isn't, there's no point. You need to look for an EFI according to your processor generation, and try the Olarila ones, I always use them from there and it always works, and then I'll update and apply the necessary patches.

Your kexts need updating too, and if I may suggest, start again with the USBinjectall and XHCI-Unsupported kexts to clear up any doubts about possible USB port conflicts.

Another detail that I noticed, you are using the DSDT extracted from the machine, but without compilation. There are errors in the DSDT

You need to use the CorpNewT SSDTTime program to extract the ACPI tables.

You really need a tutorial or someone who can advise you like Maldon.

I hope this help you

Captura de Tela 2024-02-28 às 22.45.13.png

...this, is my DSDT.aml, being used now....looks ok here...no errors...on to the next... igpu (hd530)already disabled in bios...CSM is enabled in bios to get proper screen res. in clover....waiting for the next update for monterey, to see if it still works, haven't had an update to try since going with clover 5157

Screen Shot 2024-03-01 at 3.16.36 PM.png

Edited by RobertX
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

thanks Max.1974, I needed you to jog my memory...and going through my old threads on here, I'd forgotten my own history...  🤫

still having no success trying to do that upgrade from monterey to sonoma... it's gotta be in the fakeCPUID selected by clover, which is a pennryn intel cpu (I've tried others, but no luck so far)

...on a QEMU forum I read of the same error I have(...kec.corecryto(sic) cpu panic when wrong fakecpuid... or no fakecpuid was loaded at boot,

but when fiddling around with the choices of fakeCPUID spoofs, i did get another error booting the installer "FIPS failed to POST"

I"m looking into ways of removing the UPDATE partition which now resides in my /volumes folder, and has remained a boot option in clover...Terminal may be my only option...that or actually finishing the upgrade,which will then delete itself...

...and yes, when I use your config files for iMac 19,1 my gfx card details don't appear in in "about this mac" but do show up in ioreg and in system information, but no details of the display, however, graphics performance was fine...I'll just continue to continue

Edited by RobertX
  • Like 1

Hi @RobertX 

Wow my brother, congratulations!!

I can only say what I read on a German Hackintosh forum, that the Hackintosh is like a garden, every day there is something to do!!

It's good that he shook his head and his memory, a sign that he's alive!! 

I have also learned a lot over the years that I have been getting older, naturally I would love for many of them to still be here, but unfortunately those golden years are gone.

Good thing many of the beasts are still in the area. I'm not even going to mention names here because I might forget someone. I don't know if I had any hardware like yours, but I think it was a Z170 board from Gigabyte, i7, which, in fact, I retired and kept because it's 100% functional, but with very old Clover and a Mac that I don't even know for sure, I think than El Capitan. 

If you need help, don't hesitate to ask, I'm new to knowledge, but I'm learning.

At least I managed to fix my desktops, which aren't difficult, but my Lenovo I have a Karma for it, of love and hate.

Anyway, I managed to control the fans with the help of SSDTs and Hotpatches spread across the internet, and now trying understand little more with my MBA. 

Congratulations on your knowledge of DSDT, I wish I knew half of what you know. God bless and move on. Use SSDTTime which is really cool, use SSDTs more to make it easier. A DSDT is obviously spectacular if done with knowledge, but that's not my case. I use the SSDTs that come up quickly and work very well in OC and Clover.

All the best friend!!

Spoiler

image.png.7b75374a762bff5a542c920b87b6ed40.png

Spoiler

image.png.07b243a1138601333e9ca0fb03cfb87a.png

• Like 1

On 3/1/2024 at 4:00 PM, Max.1974 said:

Very Nice @RobertX !!!

Congrats!!   :thumbsup_anim: 

It's a Victory you can fix errors!! 

...better said, I create errors, and then look for a fix...and generally, have found the answer here, where it all began(thinking DeadMoo, PearPC) I started on a P4, but that's another topic altogether..

.😇

• Like 1

...just curious...in my config.plist, fakeCPUID has 2 instances...one under kernel and kext patches 0x010676 , and another in smbios 0x0406E1 and it won't boot if I change smbios value to match value under kernel and kext patches ...and if I remove the fakeCPUID entry entirely from smbios, at next boot, if I check options, clover has returned the fakeCPUID entry and matched it to first entry in kernel and kext patches and again it hangs at boot, and, ...so, I'm leaving it with 2 entries ...I thought that i7 6700k. was a cpu upgrade option for iMac 17,1 so shouldn't need to fake?

🫠

• Like 1

Shouldn't need to fake. i7 6700 is native CPU for macOS since Sierra AFAIK.

Yes, FakeCPUID has 2 instances. First for backward compatibility and second in SMBIOS is main fake.

But I recommend you to exclude both.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Slice said:

Shouldn't need to fake. i7 6700 is native CPU for macOS since Sierra AFAIK.

Yes, FakeCPUID has 2 instances. First for backward compatibility and second in SMBIOS is main fake.

But I recommend you to exclude both.

hey @Slice , I tried deleting the fakeCPUID entry for both, saving config, reboot, system hangs, power button to restart... if I rename entries to fakeCPUID?, save config, reboot, in clover options, fakeCPUID instance returns for smbios but now inputs 0x010676, and system hangs ...my question, how to exclude both instances and have clover respect the exclusions? I'm not sure if any values from this are stored in NVRAM, but I cleared F11 on clover main screen each time, just in case...

...as booted, with both instances, clover then applies a fix for AppleIntelCpuPowerManagement ...which is not needed by my cpu either...

Edited by RobertX

Posted (edited)

...well, that was fun! Sometimes the obvious solution is to tell the truth... left the first entry kernel and kext patches as it is 0x010676...and changed the second instance smbios default 0x0406E1 to my real cpu 0x0506E3. Now boots to desktop ...from log first

3:562  0:000  Set FakeCPUID: 0x10676

and then

11:943  0:000  Set FakeCPUID: 0x506E3

...good thing I have time on my hands   AppleIntelCPUPM  fix should now not be loaded, a small clean, but progress.

👐

thanks @Slice I needed a little push  and also to @Max.1974  I'll still attempt the upgrade to sonoma(carefully)...this might be where my cpu panic was happening at first boot to macos install volume

Edited by RobertX
spelling and grammar
  • Thanks 1

just about ready for sonoma, now I'm using iMac 19,1 smbios, update appears as shown...question do I still have to use restrictevents.kext and boot arg revvpatch=sbvmm? or can I just run the upgrade?

Screen Shot 2024-03-06 at 11.00.12 AM.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RobertX said:

just about ready for sonoma, now I'm using iMac 19,1 smbios, update appears as shown...question do I still have to use restrictevents.kext and boot arg revvpatch=sbvmm? or can I just run the upgrade?

Congrats and don't forget use this RestrictEvents release from @lorys89 

https://github.com/Lorys89/RestrictEvents/releases/tag/1.1.4 

I not need patch anymore, and recognize updates smooth with OTA Updates

Indicated by @Antonuccio 

This guys are the Best!! 

• Thanks 1

download upgrade, restart computer, does not auto select installer volume, manually select macosinstaller (boot arg -v) cpu@0 panic....FIPS kernel failed to POST same as before, com.apple.kec.corecrypto in backtrace  hmmm

• Sad 1

Posted (edited)

as a boot arg fips_mode=4 got  me past that, however, still hangs after it appears to read dsdt, ending in acpi errors and exceptions namespace errors AE_...already exists,then loads some sercurity thingy...then stalls

Edited by RobertX
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

restarted in safe mode now downloading sonoma, from software update, in safe mode, the the file is 13+gb, before only 6+gb, we will see where this leads

...now running Install macOS Sonoma app from applications folder

Edited by RobertX
  • Like 1

clover 5157 even failed monterey update...or I should say , I failed to configure it correctly...so, back to 5145 for now, which did get me updated to 12.7.4

• Like 1