LAbyOne

7 posts in this topic

@Slice @STLVNUB

Well, I know you can eventually use those 2 to install ton of stuff

In my case

1) When i need to install something, I normally prefer to get directly what i need from source. Avoiding to install a software to install other software.  in most cases... does not add up.

2) brew has no more support for my OS and btw it leave tons of garbage on the system and i do not need it.

3) Macports, eventually still supports older OS's but, point 1 prevail

Of course anybody is free to use the way that best fulfills their needs,

Then I forgot to mention this standalone was born as result of my recent update made for Python Downloader already present into https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/358166-corpnewt-utilities/

I just offered an alternative for those who might share my point.

Edited by LAbyOne
clarified info
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, LAbyOne said:

Then I forgot to mention this standalone was born as result of my recent update made for Python Downloader already present into https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/358166-corpnewt-utilities/

This EDIT probably was not present when you replied

That's the principal reason for making it.

35 minutes ago, Slice said:

Macports supported Sonoma as I checked just now. I installed Qt5 with python 3.xx and 2.xx somehow.

Anyway what is the advantedge of your method over standard installator and over macports and brew?

As I never installed Python using brew or macport, don't know exactly how these deploy the install process.

My app mostly for those who just install it as Boot loader's dependency also perform the install/update of certificates as well update pip and add python to shell profile.

then as I told you last time, my machine running BS, Ventura and Sonoma Died. (and at the moment i can not afford to buy another)

this one still  running has High Sierra, and i need it as it is.

I know Macports supports all OS but, frankly i still never found a real need for it.

brew just points the middle finger to my face when i try to install

Edited by LAbyOne
  • Like 1