Possible Intel wifi kexts for El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks and under? (Request)

Draykanos

3 posts in this topic

Hey Guys!

So, I decided to go a little vintage this week. I've put Mavericks on an old ThinkPad of mine and it's goregous. Only problem is, is that there's zero Intel Wireless kexts for Sierra and under and I honestly don't know what todo. This particular little ThinkPad doesn't have an ethernet port either so I'm a little stuffed. Does anyone have any sort of SSDT patches that could make WiFi work on Mavericks or older kexts that could possibly work for Intel WiFi cards? Again the itlwm kexts line only work with Sierra and up.

Can't wait to hear your reply!

Thanks, Draykanos.

There are plenty of possibilities to buy USB WiFi with macOS drivers for Maverics.

But if itlwm is not intended for Maverics then no SSDT patches can help you.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/3/2024 at 5:12 PM, Draykanos said:

Hey Guys!

So, I decided to go a little vintage this week. I've put Mavericks on an old ThinkPad of mine and it's goregous. Only problem is, is that there's zero Intel Wireless kexts for Sierra and under and I honestly don't know what todo. This particular little ThinkPad doesn't have an ethernet port either so I'm a little stuffed. Does anyone have any sort of SSDT patches that could make WiFi work on Mavericks or older kexts that could possibly work for Intel WiFi cards? Again the itlwm kexts line only work with Sierra and up.

Can't wait to hear your reply!

Thanks, Draykanos.

If anyone is still looking for solutions, this has actually been fixed on the OpenIntelWireless repo thanks to the amazing team and community on there. https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/itlwm/issues/949