Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 (Skylake/HD 530) running Sonoma 14.2.1 with proper wake from sleep

xenophon

3 posts in this topic

Hi, and Merry Christmas!

Managed to run Sonoma on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 (Skylake, with HD 530 iGPU). The notable feat is that it sleeps and wakes properly, using the hibernatemode=25 workaround, originally described by shl628.

Please refer to my repo for details.

With greetings from Athens,

Xen

Addendum - I've seen 11 healthy (meaning video) sleep/wake cycles over the course of 4 days, which leads me to believe that the problem is not insurmountable. Still, there are occasional freezes during wake and perhaps someone can attack the HD530 issue with better success.

Edited by xenophon
  • Like 1

On 12/25/2023 at 9:21 PM, xenophon said:

Hi, and Merry Christmas!

Managed to run Sonoma on a Lenovo ThinkCentre M700 (Skylake, with HD 530 iGPU). The notable feat is that it sleeps and wakes properly, using the hibernatemode=25 workaround, originally described by shl628.

Please refer to my repo for details.

With greetings from Athens,

Xen

Addendum - I've seen 11 healthy (meaning video) sleep/wake cycles over the course of 4 days, which leads me to believe that the problem is not insurmountable. Still, there are occasional freezes during wake and perhaps someone can attack the HD530 issue with better success.

Thanks for your excellent guide and repo.

From your config.plist I believe yours is Intel HD630 instead of HD530.

Based upon your config.plist in which I need modification to enable my Lenovo M900's Intel HD 530 graphics and audio working via a DP->HDMI converter, but it still can NOT wake up from sleep properly (Blank screen) yet.

No such an issue in my another Skylake hackintosh (Acer Veriton X6650G).

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.16.58 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.21.47 AM.png

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.22.00 AM.png

config.plist

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 1

During my (ongoing) trials and tribulations with wake-from-sleep, I tried to connect via DP->HDMI. I believe that this DeviceProperty may get you there. Please note that my iGPU is indeed HD530, the "HD 630" string in config.plist is just cosmetic.

HTH

Xen

config-HDMI-con1 anon.plist

• Like 1